Options

Alde Control Panel not working- T@b 400

Hey everyone. I’m actually on the road up to Acadia and stopped over in Manassas, VA for the night. Went to turn on the hot water to wash a few dishes and the control panel would not come on. I checked the breaker and the fuse and still nothing. Has anyone else had a similar issue that could help me fix the issue. It’s not going to stop the trip since we planned to mostly boondock but we just can’t handle not having something working the way it is supposed to be. Any help would be gladly appreciated! 

Jeremy and Andrea
2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited October 2017
    Your first fuse on the top of your Alde is probably blown. It’s Located under the black cover on the top of the Alde under your bed, and look for the two green fuse holders. The first fuse is the one closest to the middle of the side.  Hopefully you have a spare 3.15 amp fuse to replace it. After replacing it (if it is blown) your control panel should come on.

I always make sure I turn off my Alde control panel when I break down Camp.  

Look for the “Fuses for Newbies” thread in the User Manual/PDF Files, etc. category on the left. Be sure to take the time to purchase spares of each fuse for a better camping experience ;). And I printed out the Fuses for Newbies just in case I didn’t have cell service when I needed the information.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RoameyRoamey Member Posts: 239
    Greetings from Acadia!  A lot of places are closing down, hope you have a place to camp. 

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,445
    FYI, I'm pretty sure Blackwoods (one of the NP campgrounds) stays open year round. Years ago I tented up there on a particularly warm November weekend. Don't plan on hookups, though!
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I love Maine (yes, I'm getting off topic... Thanks Roamey!) and love Bar Harbor.   Have stayed many times out on Mt Desert Island in Bar Harbor Campground.  As Arnold says, "I'll be back!"   =)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Verna said:
    Look for the “Fuses for Dummies” thread in the User Manual/PDF Files, etc. category on the left. Be sure to take the time to purchase spares of each fuse for a better camping experience ;). And I printed out the Fuses for a Dummies just in case I didn’t have cell service when I needed the information.
    Nah, you REALLY meant "Fuses for Newbies!"   ;)
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Thank you, @Michigan_Mike :s. I had the right idea....just not the correct name. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    :rofl:, It's ok @Verna, that's how MINE is labeled too! (Mostly because when one blows & I can't find it...hence the "Dummy" label!) =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    WanderinginWonderWanderinginWonder Member Posts: 47
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Haven’t taken the time to see if this is the issue, been way to much to see. Yeah we are staying in Blackwoods and it has been great. The camp ground does stay open year round but they stop taking reservations next week so it will be walk ups only. Absolutely beautiful this time of year here during the fall color change and we hit it just right since this weekend was the peak of the color change. Still have 2 full days here so maybe I’ll find sometime to dive into the fuse problem. Thanks again everyone!

Jeremy 
    2018 T@B 400 Silver and Black "Luxo" / 2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo - Jeremy and Andrea - Southport, NC
  • Options
    We tried Blackwoods and they only had 50 spots open and all reserved. You lucked out. It was beautiful, slightly past peak. 
       T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,445
    @Roamey, where did you end up if not Blackwoods? I thought most everything else on the island buttoned up tight after Columbus Day.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    edited October 2017
    @ScottG, we were driving to Bass Harbor campground and passed Smuggler's Den, which looked open, so pulled in. A nice campground with hookups and Wifi. It is third generation family run on the edge of the National Park lands with a grocery store practically across the street. They were closing down at the end of the week and people were pulling in every day. We could walk from our campsite and hike the trails around Echo Lake and Long (Great) Pond. They also had cabins. Unlike Blackwood's, have hot water and showers. 

Tent sites with water and electric. 

T@B trip wherever
    New surprises everyday
       See beautiful world