Wishful thinking

Anyone know if NuCamp has considered making an Outback version of the T@b 400?  We like our 320 Outback, don't want to give up the extra clearance, and much prefer its interior wall coverings, upholstery and flooring to what we've seen in the current 400.  But a little extra space would be nice...

Comments

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I'm not sure this would be possible since the back window seems to come stock?   Am sure it could be eliminated in place of a rear rack, but would the difference in size make the rack less accessible??  Maybe a 400 owner could pick up here?  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    I confirmed the standard 400 comes with a "pitched axle" like the Boondock (outback) for slightly higher clearance. I've read 4" higher, and 2" higher than the 320, but do not have a definitive answer.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    I would not give up the rear window!  Great to see all the way through when towing.  Plus the extra ventilation is great.  The 400 seems to be a bit big to be pulling off road to me.  Spending time in the 400 lets you see why Nu Camp crafted it like they did.  We just love ours and feel that more as we are able to enjoy it!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    Do you know the hitch height on the 400
    The top of the ball measurement for us is approx. 19 inches.  We have a 2 inch drop hitch that we had down below the receiver for our  320.  With the 400 I turned it over so the ball is above the receiver.  Before I added the Timbren SES springs, the tongue weight would drop the ball about 2 inches.  With the addition of the springs, we are back to level.  The tongue weight is some what more than for the 320's depending on what you carry and where. 
  • TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    Perfect thank you. Picking it up today 
    Congrats T@Bfortwo!  We know you will love it and the learning curve is about to begin.  Get a notebook, put all the paper work and manuals in it and carry it in the 4oo with you.  It will be invaluable! Don't forget to send in all your warranty cards.
  • laetuloslaetulos Member Posts: 16
    Apparently there is a kit to add 3 inches to the 400s ground clearance, I'm having this installed right now so I can get into my favorite campsite (I tried without it, even took the tire off, couldn't do it).