Options

When to winterize T@B? Heating after?

Hey everyone!

I'm a new T@B owner. I have a 2015 T@B 320 S and temperatures where I am are dipping to 0C to -1C (30F to 32F) for a three consecutive days. I have a feeling I know the answer however I want to ask. Is that the time to winterize? What is your rule of thumb?

Also, if I winterize, I read you are able to continue to use the heating system. Is that correct? I understand there is glycol that circulates to heat however for some reason I thought you required water in the boiler to heat as well. 

Thanks so much for your advice! I had posted another question and the feedback was awesome. Super appreciative for this forum as I continue to learn and have more questions!

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,502
    It is one thing if the temperature is going to dip and come right back up, but if it is going to stay at freezing or below, you need to winterize to avoid damaged plumbing.  Yes, you can continue to heat the cabin as the glycol radiator system is separate from the hot water tank system.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    bikegirlbikegirl Member Posts: 24
    SAM said:
    It is one thing if the temperature is going to dip and come right back up, but if it is going to stay at freezing or below, you need to winterize to avoid damaged plumbing.  Yes, you can continue to heat the cabin as the glycol radiator system is separate from the hot water tank system.
    Thanks @SAM. The temperature only dips to freezing or below for about 4 hours from 4am to 8am and then comes up to between 4C to 8C which is 39F to 46F. So I might be okay. I'm leaving Thursday and I'm really hoping I don't have to winterize beforehand!