Ecstatic new T@B owners

BillBill Member Posts: 38
edited November 2017 in Introductions
In September we made the leap from tent campers to T@B owners. We saw one on the highway, googled it when we got home, and were immediately hooked. Found a great dealer, Terry's Trailers in Owen Sound, Ontario, and picked up our 2017 T@B (Serenity Now!!) a week later. We spent the night at a nearby conservation area on our way home. Couldn't unhitch the coupler from the ball, but met the nicest ladies from a nearby site who saved the day. Also discovered in the morning that we were not hooked up to shore power - the breaker flipped within 20 seconds of plugging in. But the battery kept us going, and we had a great night.

Spent the following weekend at Long Point Provincial Park with friends (in their own rv) and were again more than convinced that we had made the right choice. On this trip, I couldn't get the pump to work. Finally called the dealer, who told me to flip the switch labeled "pump"!

Due to the unpredictable onset of Canadian winters, we reluctantly put our baby away until spring. Fortunately, we found this forum, which I've been reading cover to cover, and have discovered a multitude of extremely friendly and helpful people. I've had a few insightful(?) questions that have been more than adequately answered by forum members and administrators. I'm new (nü?) to this forum thing, but I'm very impressed, and finding myself looking forward to meeting you people in person in the course of my upcoming T@B travels. Your input makes the wait until spring camping season a lot easier to bear. Thanks so much!

Bill Kehew and Helen Mackenzie
Bill & Helen; 2017 T@B S Maxx, (Serenity Now!!); TV 2019 Honda Ridgeline,
Woodstock, Ontario 

Comments

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome Bill & Helen! Yours is a great story, thank you. Sometimes the kindness of strangers gets us going and keeps us going. Plan on many serene moments.
    Judi
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    Welcome!  Any pictures of your Serenity?
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,928
    edited November 2017
    Congratulations, welcome to the family, and best of all happy t@bbing. We fell in love at first sight also. 18 months, 18,000 miles and 35 states later, the 4 of us (husband, me and 2 boys, aged 11 &12) are even more deeply in love. It is our cocoon, haven, escape pod, and portal to adventure. Hope you find the same. If you get the chance, take a look at the ucamp 18 thread. When t@bs and t@b owners go back to sugarcreek ohio in July to meet the great folks at the factory who build our trailers. They host a nice event and you get the chance to find, meet, see a lot of like minded people! Hope to see you there.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!!!! May you escape to wonderful places often!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,509
    Welcome @Bill and Helen! My L@dybug is tucked away for winter here, too, so I feel your pain! Last winter while waiting for delivery ( and the roads to thaw out!) I read the entire forum, too. Lots of great info to bookmark, lots of great folks to meet!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    Congratulations!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Bill said:
    We spent the night at a nearby conservation area on our way home. Couldn't unhitch the coupler from the ball, but met the nicest ladies from a nearby site who saved the day. 
    Welcome to the forum and I can relate to your trailer hitch issue as it happened to me after driving back to Michigan after picking up my T@B down in Ohio.   Talk about going into a panic when my efforts seemed for naught!   :o

This explains things better and should help you out so far as understanding the dynamics and forces involved in the trailer's yoke style hitch and as noted, the more you perform this procedure the easier it will become.  

How to unhook the trailer from the ball
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Happy T@bbing!
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • BillBill Member Posts: 38
    edited November 2017
    Thanks, @Michigan_Mike.  Excellent video! Except that he forgot to mention to smear the ball with butter before hooking up again! (We didn't have any grease.)
    Woodstock, Ontario 
  • BillBill Member Posts: 38
    TerryV6 said:
    Any pictures of your Serenity?

Woodstock, Ontario 
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,509
    Carrying a can of silicone spray is a must for me. Beats butter ( but that's a great idea in a pinch!) I've used it all sorts of places on and around my Tab, even a friends squeaky bike. I brought it to our walk through and the tech applied it liberally to the hitch, ball, and handle. 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • dmerzbacdmerzbac Member Posts: 289
    Welcome to the T@b family!

2017 T@b 320 - 'Smokey'  2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport - 'B@ndit'
    Dave - Tuscaloosa, Al

• rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    edited November 2017
    Bill said:
    TerryV6 said:
    Any pictures of your Serenity?

Sharp looking trailer.  I like the wheels.

Are you sure you can wait until next year to camp again?  If not, Mew Lake - Algonquin, McGreggor Point, and Killarney are open year round...
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Here's a toast to the butter-ball (not the turkey - the hitch)!! Bahahahaha. I couldn't resist.  :rofl:
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 917
    @Ratkity- Cute! :get_outta_here:
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA