Handle for Black Water Valve

Hey everyone,

I have a 2015 T@B 320 S and I was trying to empty the black water however the handle won't pull like the grey water one. Should it? I'm afraid to break it. 

Thanks so much for your help!

P

Comments

• ColoradoJonColoradoJon Member Posts: 415
    Hello!  Yes, it should pull straight out just like the gray tank valve.  Sometimes mine gets a little tight and I am not sure why.  It will require a firm tug, but shouldn't be very difficult.

If the valve is seized you may have a tough time sliding it open, but really have no choice if you need to empty the tank.  If you break the valve it is easily replaced but it could be messy if you are not able to drain properly!
    Jon & Angela | Florissant Colorado | 2017 Outback S
  • bikegirlbikegirl Member Posts: 24
    Okay thanks so much @ColoradoJon. Fingers crossed it works out okay! I don't even know where to take my T@B if something broke. I'm from Canada and travelling through the States. Do you usually just look for RV places that deal them and go there? I basically bought my T@B privately and left 2 weeks later so I'm really learning everything on the fly. Thanks again!
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    Bikegirl, replacement of the gray and black tank valves Is something that any reputable RV shop can manage. No reason to seek out a TaB dealer unless one is nearby.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • bikegirlbikegirl Member Posts: 24
    Awesome - thanks so much @SAM

I went out and gave it another try and it worked! Woohoo. 

This is one steep learning curve I'm on. Yesterday I figured out about how many days it is before I have to empty my grey water. It came into the bathroom! :S 

Crisis averted and lesson learned!

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,482
    Yes, there is a learning curve. Re the tank valves:  consider cleaning with WD 40 as I know grit can accumulate and then spray it with silicone spray.  Do it to both valves.  Should help prevent sticking in the future.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio