Waiting for delivery

I am glad I finally checked this forum and found that my experience is not unusual. I ordered my T@B 320 CS-S on August 15, 2017, and I was told delivery would take 6-8 weeks. That would have meant the chance to go camping this fall - I live in Madison, WI - before really cold weather. That is not to be, alas - here we are now, right before Thanksgiving, and I have been told FOUR times that the camper will arrive next week... Still not here. These promises of delivery seem to be common, albeit not realistic, and many people have waited four months, so I am not alone. I am still excited about getting it for next spring. The dealer doesn't have my money, so I am only out the $200 downpayment. If by chance it should arrive before spring.... hmm.... how do you experienced owners store your campers during winter? I was told it would be winterized when/if I get it. Is it enough to store it outside under a canopy to protect from some snow/rain?
Agneta and John
Madison, WI
Honda Pilot

Comments

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    A canopy would help keep heavy snow off of it and most people would recommend a cover as well.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • T@BalongT@Balong Member Posts: 317
    Here in Michigan where we get a lot of snow, ours is stored outside with the cover on.   After a big snowfall, I clear the snow off so that we avert the natural snow/freeze/ice/thaw cycle on top of the cover.  Has worked for me for two winters so far.
    2015 T@B 320 S, 2019 Jeep Cherokee
    States Visited Map
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    We just keep it with the cover on in our backyard. Allows us to clear the Michigan snow, tend the battery and monitor everything.  Btw, put a $2,000 deposit on mine, when I ordered it 12/01/15 and scheduled delivery on April 1st, 2016. Didn't take delivery until May 14 when it arrived at the dealer. 5 1/2 months of waiting, but so worth it.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • agnetalouiseagnetalouise Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your advice. Wisconsin must have similar snowy winters, so I will get the cover. 5 ½ months? Wow! I don't feel so bad now - especially if they store it at their expense...! ;) I am really tickled about getting it... Yellowstone is on my bucket list!
    Agneta and John
    Madison, WI
    Honda Pilot
  • ToefootToefoot Member Posts: 38
    I am glad I finally checked this forum and found that my experience is not unusual. I ordered my T@B 320 CS-S on August 15, 2017, and I was told delivery would take 6-8 weeks. That would have meant the chance to go camping this fall - I live in Madison, WI - before really cold weather. That is not to be, alas - here we are now, right before Thanksgiving, and I have been told FOUR times that the camper will arrive next week... Still not here. These promises of delivery seem to be common, albeit not realistic, and many people have waited four months, so I am not alone. I am still excited about getting it for next spring. The dealer doesn't have my money, so I am only out the $200 downpayment. If by chance it should arrive before spring.... hmm.... how do you experienced owners store your campers during winter? I was told it would be winterized when/if I get it. Is it enough to store it outside under a canopy to protect from some snow/rain?
    Sorry to read this and honestly you should have been treated more fairly and honestly, I really dislike when a company over promises and under performs. A sleazy tactic that should not be a part of NuCamp/Littleguy business plan.

2018 320S Outback pulled by 2012 Jeep Wrangler.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Toefoot, the problem was not with Nucamp, but with a not so wonderful dealer. Had they ordered my trailer when I gave them the fairly hefty $2,000 deposit, I would have had it by April 1st. I had called the factory to confirm aprox lead time, which was 115/120 days then. My dealer didn't order until almost February 1st. By that time spring order/build season was in full gear. Delivery from the factory was shortly after it was completed as the dealer is within 300 miles from the factory. We had another very unpleasant situation at the time of our trailer pick-up and Nucamp is aware of what happened. They are working to improve those kind of situations. It really is NOT part of their business ethic and I wouldn't hesitate, in fact I'd jump on their wagon, to own another of their products.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Toefoot, as noted in another post that you made, Little Guy is no longer associated with nüCamp, as nüCamp employs their own marketing employees now.

nüCamp does not have a “sleazy tactic”, and most people here will tell you they don’t.  I hope you refrain from such uncomplimentary remarks in the future. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    I have had my suspicions about the Madison dealer. He ought to know what normal delivery time is, and his repeated promises that "it is on its way" are very hollow. If I had been told from the beginning what to expect, I would not be so upset. Who knows if he even sent in my order - or WHEN he sent it in, if at all. If I don't hear anything in the next few weeks (and I have even contacted the manufacturer), I am inclined to cancel my order and drive to another dealership, even though that may be inconvenient. 
    Agneta and John
    Madison, WI
    Honda Pilot
  • GailandJohnGailandJohn Member Posts: 123
    Verna said:
    @Toefoot, as noted in another post that you made, Little Guy is no longer associated with nüCamp, as nüCamp employs their own marketing employees now.

nüCamp does not have a “sleazy tactic”, and most people here will tell you they don’t.  I hope you refrain from such uncomplimentary remarks in the future. 
    Perhaps @Toefoot meant that nüCamp should reconsider it's association with that dealer if the dealer engages in sleazy tactics. 

Gail & John 

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    edited November 2017
    @agnetalouise, if you could please contact the nüCamp factory (phone numbers are in the Categories on the left), they will be able to tell you the expected delivery date.

They would also like to hear about any complaints about their dealers. While nüCamp does monitor the forum, they will need to know the specifics about your dealer. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    @Toefoot, the problem was not with Nucamp, but with a not so wonderful dealer. Had they ordered my trailer when I gave them the fairly hefty $2,000 deposit, I would have had it by April 1st. I had called the factory to confirm aprox lead time, which was 115/120 days then. My dealer didn't order until almost February 1st. By that time spring order/build season was in full gear. Delivery from the factory was shortly after it was completed as the dealer is within 300 miles from the factory. We had another very unpleasant situation at the time of our trailer pick-up and Nucamp is aware of what happened. They are working to improve those kind of situations. It really is NOT part of their business ethic and I wouldn't hesitate, in fact I'd jump on their wagon, to own another of their products.
    @dragonsdofly

NuCamp better be aware of end users and if the PAO/Marketing does not jump on this forum along with other media forms to include contacting owners from time to time, shame on him or her. Very simple effort can pay large dividends in this case.

NuCamp has responsibility in this even tho it is with the dealership. I was more or less talking about the dealerships/Distributors with the sleazy statement but NuCamp has the control and should be careful with who one beds with.

NuCamp appears to have a great product and I am very happy with the 320 so far but if a company relies on independent dealerships to give honest quality service and sales then a mutual code of ethics should be on the contract between the two companies....a understanding with lawful teeth of said contract when things go south.

To truly control this problem one needs to own the dealership, I doubt this will happen and NuCamp will rely on independent dealerships, seedy dealership in the mixed bag along with good ones. It is how a company reacts to a problem that will sell me on the product/Brand name more so than a hand shake and terrible coffee at the dealership. 

Sorry if I came across as putting the blame solely on NuCamp, this is not the case I was trying to make but be assured that NuCamp holds the solution. Revenue is the motivator for both good and bad.

Verna said:

Perhaps @Toefoot meant that nüCamp should reconsider it's association with that dealer if the dealer engages in sleazy tactics. 
    Spot on. 
  • KBaggins1KBaggins1 Member Posts: 135
    I am surprised that Americans are not driving up here to buy there T@B products. Pay for it in Canadian money and get a 25% discount on the exchange. And locally we have dealers with them sitting on the lot.
    2014 T@B M@XS;  2017 Ford Transit Low Roof, Reg. Wheel Base
  • TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I have had my suspicions about the Madison dealer. He ought to know what normal delivery time is, and his repeated promises that "it is on its way" are very hollow. If I had been told from the beginning what to expect, I would not be so upset. Who knows if he even sent in my order - or WHEN he sent it in, if at all. If I don't hear anything in the next few weeks (and I have even contacted the manufacturer), I am inclined to cancel my order and drive to another dealership, even though that may be inconvenient. 
    Ahhh...  you are talking about Jerry’s !  That’s were we bought ours btw.   The woman in the store is nice, the salesman we dealt with was helpful, but without mentioning names the guy who did the final checkout at delivery I was not impressed with.  Just a friendly shoutout from “up north” in Appleton!
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

• TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    I was reminded that we bought our Tab in January and they stored it for us till late March at no charge... which was kinda nice...
    Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI

TerryV6... yes, that is the dealer in question. Thank you for your reply! I emailed the NuCamp factory - I will make ONE MORE visit to Jerry's, this time armed with more information. And I won't be quite as nice as I have been up 'til now... But if they compensate for my hurt feelings by storing it until March, I will consider it a fair deal. I know I will love it when I get it... And I really appreciate this forum!
    Agneta and John
    Madison, WI
    Honda Pilot
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited November 2017
    Toefoot said:
    @dragonsdofly

NuCamp better be aware of end users and if the PAO/Marketing does not jump on this forum along with other media forms to include contacting owners from time to time, shame on him or her. Very simple effort can pay large dividends in this case.

NuCamp has responsibility in this even tho it is with the dealership. I was more or less talking about the dealerships/Distributors with the sleazy statement but NuCamp has the control and should be careful with who one beds with.

NuCamp appears to have a great product and I am very happy with the 320 so far but if a company relies on independent dealerships to give honest quality service and sales then a mutual code of ethics should be on the contract between the two companies....a understanding with lawful teeth of said contract when things go south.

To truly control this problem one needs to own the dealership, I doubt this will happen and NuCamp will rely on independent dealerships, seedy dealership in the mixed bag along with good ones. It is how a company reacts to a problem that will sell me on the product/Brand name more so than a hand shake and terrible coffee at the dealership. 

Sorry if I came across as putting the blame solely on NuCamp, this is not the case I was trying to make but be assured that NuCamp holds the solution. Revenue is the motivator for both good and bad.

Some valid points, thank you for the information and be assured that nüCamp does monitor both forum areas, that this issue has been reported to nüCamp officials and they will either counsel the dealer or take whatever corrective measures they deem necessary in this matter.  

And for future reference and as noted earlier, if you do have an issue with an order you should first try to resolve it with the dealer.  If this approach does not resolve the issue your next point of contact would be nüCamp.

They do need feedback like this period, and as a growing company it is vital that we all provide constructive, not simply ideal suggestions to them when posting here on the forum. 

Thanks
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
This discussion has been closed.