Brahma wheel lock storage

Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
For those of you with the Brahma wheel lock, have you found anything convenient and easy to stow the lock during travel?  We have a van and think we want something padded to eliminate any noise during travel and something with a handle or two to allow us to lift it out of the van.  

I called the company and they do not have a storage bag.  I thought the solar suitcase bags would be perfect, but, Renogy does not sell them and Zamp (Solardealz) only has small ones.  I am looking at folding bike bags.  Keyboard bags are too narrow.  Any thoughts?

Sharon
Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Comments

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    How about a pizza bag from Amazon, @SAM ?  I used it for my BAL Leveler when I had it, then for my Travel Toilet. It kept both of the safe and sound.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Good idea Verna.  I did look at that, but it is too small.  The Braham measures 27 by 22.  Hard to find any kind of shallow storage container that is wide and long enough!
    I’ll keep looking
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    edited December 2017
    I need to get closer from you guys and start my own little side line.  :)

i made a few of these to keep our shoes out of our T@G and also protected from the elements. Try tomrecycle material as I found them. That red stuf come from chairlift tower pretection cussion that would be thrown away at the end of the season cause they were partly slashed. Also made other bags from hd polyethelene tarps from old snow car shelters.

And also made a soft bag for what we call dry food.

2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
    @SAM do an Amazon search on “soft side luggage”.  I found a floral one for ...... $89.......  I couldn’t find an appropriately sized duffel bag. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    How about a cornhole game case? https://tinyurl.com/yd9jyb8a, slightly too big at 24x36"x9 3/4, or getting someone to make you one, like luckyj?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Or I wonder if one of those heavy duty canvas firewood carriers could have the sides sewn up for your use? Or I suppose I can stop with off the wall and wait for someone with an actual solution chimes in.

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @SAM, never considered storing it in anything. We just put it in the back of the TV with everything else: camp chairs, carpet, extra propane tank, extra free standing table, two folding bikes in carry bags, weber grill, firewood, cooler, Brahma Lock et al. If I find something, or the spirit moves me to make something, I'll let you know.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    Thanks everyone for chiming in.  Luckyj I wish I knew how to upcycle something.  Verna, I would like a soft sided 27 inch bag, may have to settle for one with wheels, maybe check with Good Will!  Twojgrams, my husband found a sturdy firewood carrier, but the sides are too short, but the cornhole cover sounds promising.  I will let you know what I settle on.  If you have any more ideas, please let me know.
    30x50 military top load canvas duffle, the next smaller is too small. https://tinyurl.com/yadmktre

My sister suggested having a marine shop make one.  We have 2 in the area that I can check out.
  • LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    @SAM i could have make one for you for shipping cost and material finding and the fun of it, bur w/o a unit on hand, I am not even gona try.

hope you find something!
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
  • BertBert Member Posts: 87
    I too have pondered this question. Proper storage of large, heavy metal objects is critical if they’re in the TV with driver and passengers. My wife figured out that she could secure the largest pieces to the side of our pickup bed using nylon webbing cam straps.
    They’re at the back of the bed where they’re easily accessible. I think the pieces would stay attached during a crash. If not, they might not fly forward at 65 miles an hour.
    @Bert, we now travel with the lock just inside the door of the Tab.  We purchased a polyester duffle type bag that we had altered at a shoe repair place.  It stows in the bag.  Just easier for us to carry it this way.
    edited September 2020
    So the bag to store our Brahma lock finally gave out.  We have replaced it with a 110 qt Sterlite plastic tub.  The lock and parts fits easily and there is extra room to carry something else.  Very happy with this solution.  It fits nicely just inside the TaB door, is easy to handle and serves as a water proof collection bin for various tent/awning bags inside the side tent.  The dimensions of the lock were tricky to fit in a bin and although this one is oversized, it ended up being very useful.
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @Sharon_is_SAM, thumbs up on this one!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    If only someone with a 3-D printer would create a molded plastic box with a built in handle like the carriers for our sundry battery powered drills. Until then, the sterlite sounds good @Sharon_is_SAM.

@jgram2  Good idea with the 3 - D printer.  The sterlite goes for about $17 at Target (long story - we paid $7).  I have to say that even though it is a big bin, we have made good use of it at the campsite!