Options

Sofitel style cushions comfort

johntreacyjohntreacy Member Posts: 31
I'm looking for comments from folks who have Sofitel style faux leather cushions - are they comfortable to sleep on? It seems like they'd be ok for sitting on, but that bedding would want to slide around, compared to cloth upholstery. 
Thanks,
John
Olympia, WA
2018 T@B 320S Sofitel 
2017 Tacoma SR5 AC 4x4 w/ 6 cyl Towing Package

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I love my red faux leather cushions. They’re not slippery at all, and they’ve stood up to 2.5 years of at least 4 months of traveling each year with a 12 lb Shih Tzu.

I did have the foam replaced this summer with nüCamp’s latest and greatest more firm foam, with is better than the original foam. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Thanks, @Verna! Awkward question, but any issues with stickiness from warm bodies in the summer? 
    Olympia, WA
    2018 T@B 320S Sofitel 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,925
    @johntreacy, we have a 2017 sofitel and love the faux leather. In fact I consider the upholstery a necessity, because we are a family of 4. When I ordered the t@b our boys were 9 and 10 years old and in the full bloom of youth, red pop, Hawaiian punch and lots of sticky, highly colored fruit juices. As it is, they come into the t@b and sit down, covered with everything they can get into and the quick cleanup is wonderful. Now to your sleeping question-most of the owners I have met or spoken with have or use some additional type of bedding/padding. We use a 3" memory foam topper over the t@b cushions. With four of us, there is more than the usual amount of sleep activity going on, and the foam topper doesn't move. We roll it up and stash it every morning and unroll and deploy it every evening, as every inch of space is crucial. The breathability of the foam topper is what is most important there. We do most of our travelling during hot summer months, and if the temperatures are hot enough to make everyone truly uncomfortable, the a/c is running. But usually we are outside and enjoying that. That upholstery is what made the choice of a sofitel model a must for us, and after 18,000+ miles, over 30 states (including the desert southwest) and 8 weeks of travel with the 4 of us, we wouldn't change anything.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @johntreacy, I wear shorts all summer, and the material does not stick to my skin. I sleep on an LL Bean Camp Futon inflatable mattress with a sheet on top of it, so there’s no problem at night either. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Thanks! Sounds like a topper of some sort is recommended, regardless of Sofitel or not.
    I've searched the forum but so far I cannot find - does anyone have the dimensions of the 320 s/u bed area sections? I know its 73x70, but I'm interested in how that is divided by the different areas and cushions that comprise it. 
    Olympia, WA
    2018 T@B 320S Sofitel 

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Thanks! Sounds like a topper of mmmsome sort is recommended, regardless of Sofitel or not.
    I've searched the forum but so far I cannot find - does anyone have the dimensions of the 320 s/u bed area sections? I know its 73x70, but I'm interested in how that is divided by the different areas and cushions that comprise it. 
    I have the Ultraleather, too. Very comfortable and super eady to keep clean. I use a thermarest sleeping pad because I like a soft bed. My sister-in-law went 17 days with no such cushion and she said she was very comfortable.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014