T@B 400 Cover

We just purchased the new T@B 400 cover while visiting NuCamp. Once home...covering the T@B became a challenge for the two of us! We used 
ladders and with lots of determination were able to get the cover up and over the camper. Once on however, we noticed that the cover is loose 
fitting...especially along the bottom...(unlike the photo on the enclosed instructions). There are straps (4) to connect...but our concern is that
this is not adequate. We have been experiencing high winds and the cover bellows out a great deal. Will there be...(tearing around straps
and other areas)? The front of the cover around the propane tank is very loose and there is not a strap to secure that area. Not sure where the
2 straps in the rear go..or how they are fastened.

Would have loved better instructions...

Has anyone else covered their T@B400 with this cover? Are you experiencing the same concerns? Any suggestions????

Comments

• sunshinesunshine Member Posts: 23
    Om3, I know EXACTLY what you are experiencing. We ordered our PaHaQue 400 cover, installed it and found the same issues. I called PaHaQue (888-700-8368) and the feedback was basically this: They have tried several different configurations of straps before coming up with the best way to secure the cover. I was told the two straps at the rear (ours had two buckles and no free end) "should have" been on the front to secure the cover around the "A" frame. I had to send ours back for a strap "redo" and they promised a quick turnaround. As for the looseness, I know the additional straps will help, but I still don't think it will be "form fitting" like I originally imagined. Hope this info helps, Have a blessed day!
    2018 TAB400 - M@ry-Christine, White/Black, 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, White
  • Om3Om3 Member Posts: 72
    Hi Sunshine...Thank you for affirming our concerns.I honestly feel NuCamp should have made contact about this...we are disappointed to say the least. Now it is clear why the fitting around
    the propane tank is just bunched up and ultimately, unprotected. We will make a call to the 
    number you gave...thanks...and let you know what happens!
    BTW...did you get your 400 had TAC in N. Carolina??? The photo looks familiar:)
    Sunshine...We made the call and shipping our cover out to be repaired today! Thx again...

• sunshinesunshine Member Posts: 23
    Om3...So glad to help AND you've got a really sharp eye! That is indeed TAC RV in Moyock NC. We live in the Hampton Roads area of VA and it's our closest T@B dealer. Interestingly we ordered a 320S Boondock edition, but decided to "up size" to the 400 before our ordered unit arrived. Soooooo, if you are in MA, how in the world did you recognize a picture in Moyock NC? LOL!!
    2018 TAB400 - M@ry-Christine, White/Black, 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500HD, White
    Well...we traveled to TAC in early August to pick up our 400! What a coincidence...LOL :) Since then,
    we have made 2 trips to Sugarcreek to have it winterized and heat was not working!!!! That little 400 has really traveled in such a short time.  Unfortunately, there isn't a dealer in New England.

We called CA yesterday (one week out) our cover has not even arrived there yet AND we are expecting snow this weekend! Once the snow comes...covering the T@B will be impossible...so disappointed!
  • RyanAndLuluRyanAndLulu Member Posts: 20
    Totally agree on trying to put the cover on! I am single and after about half an hour of trying to get the cover on the trailer, I gave up and now it sits inside the trailer. I am sure my neighbors got a good laugh watching me! There goes $500+ out the door! Unless you know there will be at least two people putting the cover on... don't buy it!
    Girl Glamper | Austin, TX | 2018 Land Rover Discovery | 2018 T@B 400 |
    Partner in Crime: Black pug (Lulu)
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited December 2017
    @RyanAndLulu I searched on two ladders et voila-found this by @Fergie in January: I did it surprisingly easily without any help by putting a step ladder on each side of the trailer to allow me to go back and forth to spread the cover out on top and work it down the sides. The extra foot or two length provided by the R-Pod design allows me to cover my spare that is mounted to the hitch and the hitch itself. The door opening is a little off, but I have no trouble unzipping the cover there and rolling it up for access. Also the added height allows the elastic bottom to completely go under the trailer all around.

The obvious caveat is you need 2 ladders, and I think the rpod cover is longer, so may prove easier. She got er done, although it does sound like work!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Three years in a row, I have tied a rope about 25’ long to the two rear loops for the bungie cords, forming a loop.

Then I carefully fold the cover onto the front tub, the front side on the bottom, the rear side on top with the rope on top. I throw the rope over the T@B towards the rear end, behind the roof vent cover, to the rear of the T@B.  

I gently pull on the rope so the cover starts pull up the front of the T@B. When it stops pulling easily, I tie the rope to a bucket with weight in it. I then go to the front and push the cover further up the front, loosening it so it will pull easily. I keep repeating until the cover slides down the back side. Sure it takes patience and a few steps, but when you live alone, you have to figure out how to make it work. 

You can use an extendable painter’s pole to help the cover over the vent. Use a 6’ ladder to help get you closer. There’s many ways to get the cover on. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
    RyanANDLulu...sorry to hear your frustration! The new 400 cover is different than the cover described by Twojgrams...I only wish the cover we purchased for $500+ had the elastic around the bottom. After dealing with the manufacturer of the cover in CA and being told our cover had not arrived after leaving our home (9days) we called Nucamp and spoke to Joe. They were unaware of any issues with the cover and responded quickly to our concerns. Within one day we were sent a new cover from Nucamp in Sugarcreek! As for the cover that we sent back to the manufacturer...
    it was made wrong...the manufacturer knew that the first off the line were made wrong and never sent out notice! When we asked for a new one from the manufacturer...we were told that it would take too long to make one!  Well...obviously, Nucamp responds to concerns...and helped us. Please note...we purchased our cover when visiting Nucamp...not directly from the manufacturer.

We have been unable to cover the T@B 400...due a storm that left ice and snow on it and we are in a deep freeze so there is no melting yet!

We did use a ladder when we put it on the first time and that made a big difference...non the less... it is awkward and frustrating to put this cover on. But!!!  The quality of the fabric is excellent!
    Hope this is helpful to you all that have a T@B 400!!!

• RyanAndLuluRyanAndLulu Member Posts: 20
    Thanks for the info!!!! I can relate to the weather... I am up here in Seattle and it is just about to start raining so my baby probably won't dry for some time!
    Girl Glamper | Austin, TX | 2018 Land Rover Discovery | 2018 T@B 400 |
    Partner in Crime: Black pug (Lulu)
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    Verna - we need a You Tube video of this:)
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2017
    @SAM, NO WAY!  I just took it off 10 minutes ago and that’s easy!  She’s still nice and clean and waxed from her spa treatment in October.  Sorry, it won’t go back on until spring. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Om3 said:
    After dealing with the manufacturer of the cover in CA and being told our cover had not arrived after leaving our home (9days) we called Nucamp and spoke to Joe. They were unaware of any issues with the cover and responded quickly to our concerns. Within one day we were sent a new cover from Nucamp in Sugarcreek! As for the cover that we sent back to the manufacturer...
    it was made wrong...the manufacturer knew that the first off the line were made wrong and never sent out notice! When we asked for a new one from the manufacturer...we were told that it would take too long to make one!  Well...obviously, Nucamp responds to concerns...and helped us. Please note...we purchased our cover when visiting Nucamp...not directly from the manufacturer.

Hopefully things are now resolved and if not, feel free to call them (ask for Jeff Basford) as this is what I received back from Paha Que on December 8 (previously posted):

Hi Mike,

I appreciate you keeping me in the loop with this.  We did have an issue on the first few that we made, where the wind could cause the cover to slide up the front of the trailer a bit.  We had to adjust the strap placement to prevent this from happening.  All future units will have the ‘new-improved’ straps, and the customer in the forum Om3 will definitely get theirs back very quickly! 

Thank you,

Jeff Basford

Paha Que'

Mike Smith 
    Linden, Mi 
    2015 T@B Max S
    Attached Image
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
    Verna...The cover I have been discussing is the new T@B 400 cover. I noticed that you have a T@B Max.  Fortunate for you that the Max cover isn't as difficult!!!! :)
  • HvtymwiltravelHvtymwiltravel Member Posts: 51
    I also have a 400 cover from Paha Que' and have installed it twice now by myself using a 6 foot step ladder, a boat hook,  and two 20 foot ropes.   I use the same method as Verna detailed except I tie the ropes to the handles on the back of the tab instead of to a weighted bucket as I pull it up.  I have the cinch straps on the back where I tie the ropes to the cover.  I also lack anything to keep it secure on the front.  Up there,  I just clamp the cover to the frame and it has held thus far.  It may be somewhat difficult to install but it sure comes off easily.  It is a much easier and safer job to install compared to my old class C cover.
    2017 T@B 400   TV  Colorado Duramax
    @OM3, the same principles can be applied to the T@B 400. Start at the front and pull it towards the back. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    I also have a 400 cover from Paha Que' and I also lack anything to keep it secure on the front.  Up there,  I just clamp the cover to the frame and it has held thus far.  It may be somewhat difficult to install but it sure comes off easily.  It is a much easier and safer job to install compared to my old class C cover.
    For anyone in need of a heavy-duty tie down point or means of attaching a bungy cord or rope to one of these covers the Tekton 6268 Tarp Clips work like a champ.  I bought a couple sets of these this fall to use on the cover over my pontoon and they are the bee's knees!   If your cover extends below the trailer frame these would work great as you can screw them down against the fabric and be able to secure any cover at any point you desire.  I've read various reviews and these seem to be preferred and durable.  

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    So Mike, would you attach these to the lower rail?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
    SAM said:
    So Mike, would you attach these to the lower rail?
    If there is a lip or small edge (1/4-1/2") to attach to these will work.  I use a large plastic tarp to cover up my pontoon boat and basically doubled the thin plastic material over, clamped these down on the material and used them as tie off points.  I also bunched up excess material across the front of the boat and it was like wrapping a package.  These clips hold things secure, snug and I also clamped them down along the edges of the boat and they secure things in place like a small vice grip via turning the knob tightly.  I noticed a neighbor using something similar, looked for them online and found these on Amazon.  Made this year's boat cover winterization install a breeze and wish I'd found them years back as they work and I see many applications for camping and trailer use.  
  • HalooHaloo Member Posts: 137
    Verna said:
    @OM3, the same principles can be applied to the T@B 400. Start at the front and pull it towards the back. 
    This is what my wife and I did. We did was use a couple of small step ladders.  We didn’t find it difficult at all, so we are surprised others are struggling.

We must have gotten one of the first covers, but we like the strap placement.  After we’ve set up the two side straps, we take the rear strap and run it around the rear-most side strap.  It pulls the rear of the cover up under the 400 giving it a nice fit.  Then I pulled the front all the way over the hitch and used one of those rubber covered wire thingies and wrapped it around the cover and hitch to hold the cover in place.  Works like a charm!
    T@B 400 | F150 | Washington State
    Thank you!!! We have a break in weather today before snow moving in tomorrow! The snow and ice are off the 400...we are putting the new cover on! Will let you know how this goes:)
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Om3, Slow & steady gets it done every time. Once you get the hang of it, you'll wonder why in the world you worried about it so much! ;)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

We did get the cover up and over the 400...! The straps are another thing...worked and worked on securing them to no avail. Very very poor system in our opinion. We are now going to use bungy cords to keep cover on. After all this...if we had to do it over we would never pay the price we paid for this cover! Do not recommend!! :(
    To those who offered advice...thank you. 
    Will be taking our cover off this upcoming week! Temps will be in the high 60's!
    Cover came off easily and the T@B 400 looks great!!!!