Protecting plumbing in CS-S kitchen cupboard

I know it's got to go somewhere but how do you all keep stuff from bumping into all the plumbing under the sink in the Clamshell kitchen??  I wish the plumbing was contained to one side of cabinet with a divider.  Trying different ideas with bungees, Velcro, small boards to be nailed down, to stop our cooking bins from sliding into plumbing.  Any ideas or pictures??
2017 T@B CS-S Max White with Plum Metallic towed by 2019 BMW X3

Comments

• Finn12Finn12 Member Posts: 22
    I have a T@G style kitchen so it's frustrating to lose half the cupboard space to plumbing.  So trying to make the most of the half I do have.
  • wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    I try to keep lightweight items, or soft padded ones in there to prevent any damage.

I suppose you could install some padded panels or pillows, or something of that nature, and fasten them in place.  Just need to keep the water valves accessible.

With that said, the PEX tubing down there is incredibly strong, so unless you're transporting sharp-edged cast iron pans down there, I wouldn't worry too much.
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • fiddlefootfiddlefoot Member Posts: 62
    I bought a wire basket that just fit and attached it to the floor with command hooks.  We keep the fresh water hose and electric cord and other odd, clean things in there and then use the remaining space for clean towels and such.  Dishes, pots and pans are in the cabinet between the sink and fridge.  Ours is a traditional clamshell but maybe this will give you some ideas.  We didn't want to make the plumbing too difficult to reach.
    Denise, Rea and Ruby
    2016 CS S, 2008 Toyota Tacoma
    Somerset, VA

Thank you for the picture Fiddlefoot.  Interesting way to attach the wire bin.  I think I might use that idea to attach a wire shelf I bought for under the sink.   I wish I had that extra cabinet by the frig.  
  • wizard1880wizard1880 Member Posts: 442
    Oh... I see.  Earlier CS models (like mine) have the 6-gallon water tank directly under the sink, so there isn't space to put much down there except between the right door and the tank (about 4 inches wide to tank).   Directly under the sink there's no space for anything really (maybe a pillow / small blanket?)
    T@@bulous
    2014 T@B CS Maxx
    TV: 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 V6 TDI (diesel)
    Martha Lake, WA
  • dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    I put in a false floor and cut a 1/2 inch thick rubber mat wall to wall.  All the plumbing is safe!
    Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

• Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,460
    dinzzy, do you have pictures?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio

Better late than never - here is what I did.  Wire shelf to store soft stuff like towels.  Bins to hold stuff, bungee-corded together to stop movement during travel, a board from front to back to prevent sliding side to side, and pool noodles behind them to stop sliding into pump.   Not elegant but works.
     We used the wire shelves, too, coupled with some very light weight plastic baskets where you can access items without pulling out a bin. Snug and only required a single command hook for the right side to limit movement.  We put all of our galley supplies, cookware, dishwash supplies, etc. back here.  I think a little weight helps the shelves to stay in place.  We used foam pads strategically to protect the plumbing.  Nothing jumps out, either, so it is like having drawers.
  • rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    I thought I would do something slick down there, but basically, I concluded the pluming does not need much protection, and have just thrown things in there in a haphazard fashion.  Mostly light items, like towels, boxed food, oven mitts, table cloths, trash bags, tupperware, etc.
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • 2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    I do the same as @rkj__ and haven't had a problem.  Even found a spot between plumbing for a small crock pot and a small coffee maker :D
    2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

@SAM I’ll take pictures of my false floor for you tonight when I get off work.

Here it is.

• LuckyjLuckyj Member Posts: 286
    I do not have a T@B but a T@G, but I guess something similar could be done in a T@B.

The left panel allow us to place flat item like cutting boards, some folding pots and other things like that.  Behind the panel is the plumbing, and also some storage space for things like rags, dish cloths and other things light and soft.
    2017 T@G Max Outback "Le Refuge"
    TV 2005 jeep TJ unlimited
    and/or 2005 Nissan X-Trail 4wd
    Alaskan Malamuthe on board!

Les Escoumins and Petite-Riviere-St-Francois QC
    Great idea!

@dinzzy - I assume you used wood then covered it with....?  Does it move to allow you access to the valves?  
    Yes it all come out.  It’s just sitting in there.  Nothing permanent.

There are 2x4 "floor joist" under the plywood deck.  I used Velcro to attach it and the plywood is lying on top of that.  The rubber floor is a garage mat I bought at Harbor Frieght.

Nice job dinzzy.  Looks very industrial!!
    You’re welcome.  
    I used a piece of cardboard to cut out a template.  It was very easy to do.