Options

Do you camp with dogs?

Comments

• Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    @Ratkity, Looks like 'ya got yourself a winner there. Always cracked me up when their ears would start to stand up...usually one at a time. Them there are called ear "winks"! ;) Every single Shepard, or Shepard mix I've ever had would "talk" to me.
    @rkj__, Looks like you've got yourself a good one as well. Something about dogs & snow makes a great playtime!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Ratkity said:
    rkj__ said:
    I'll bump this thread back up with a picture of Willard the Standard Poodle puppy from last weekend. 

He seems to like snow and being outside, so we are hoping he will be a great addition to our camping family.

Does he really have white on him or is that pure snow? His tracks look like a huge bunny hopped in the snow lol. CUTE!!!
    His legs are pure white.  You will not even recognize him after his first hair cut.  He will be mostly white and cream coloured.  Most of the dark colour is just the tips, so once it is trimmed off, he will be mostly light in colour.  His snout used to look just like the top of his head before it got shaved. 

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    @rkj__, Looks like he's got some growin' to do before he fits in to those feet! Are 'ya teachin' him to make sure to lock up the T@B when you're out on adventures with those keys? ;)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ericnliz said:
    @rkj__, Looks like he's got some growin' to do before he fits in to those feet! Are 'ya teachin' him to make sure to lock up the T@B when you're out on adventures with those keys? ;)

It seems he gets stronger every day, bouncing over obstacles he struggled with only days before.

He has not been introduced to the T@b yet, but he seems to be a pretty confident little guy, so I'm sure he'll be able to handle the responsibility of locking up.  :)
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited January 2018
    More importantly @rkj_ and @Ratkity How goes the house broken training?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    @Twojgrams Yup, he is. Holds it all night. During the day, he will want to go out NOW!! He can't seem to hold it during the day. I have door jingle bells and he'll start smacking them around. When that happens, it's too late. He hasn't pooped in the house since the first night I brought him home (Dec 23).

@rkj__ OMG. A love the puppy cuts on a growing poodle. He is absolutely squee cute!! Such unique coloring. I've never seen a poodle with such beautiful colors. At least he's not white on top. You'd never find him in the snow.

@ericnliz Yup, him and his sister are doing the "ear winks". Right now his sister hasn't grown into her bat-ears. And they are up and cross LOL. They are 12 weeks old on Sunday. I'm raising Poppers fairly strictly. I know there are people that don't like crate training. My friend who owns his sister finally purchased a crate to keep the dog in it at night. Her pup was destroying her bathroom. Nothing but my hands, arm, feet and ankles have been chewed on by Popper. The rest of the time has been on what he's supposed to chew.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    TikiBarTabTikiBarTab Member Posts: 39
    We have two Chihuahuas that we travel with!  They are still adjusting, and I think they would prefer to stay at home, but soon they will think of our T@b as just another room...I hope.  Being Chihuahuas, they aren't crazy about the colder weather.  Luckily we live in FL!  Doogie is the long haired white one, and Pokey is the short haired little poser!
  • Options
    So @TikiBarTab Did someone knit Pokey his own fitted afghan?  He sure is stylin!

• Options
    JiroTXJiroTX Member Posts: 124
    I don't have my T@B anymore, but I'm posting some pics...

• Options

• Options
    @TikiBarTab, what cuties!! I didn't know there existed a long-haired chihuahua. I do like that styling sweater!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Twojgrams said:
    More importantly @rkj_ and @Ratkity How goes the house broken training?
    About as well as I expect at 9 weeks.  Not perfect, but more good than bad.  
  • Options
    Yesterday, Poppers and his sister, Onyx, went out to see many new things to be socialized together (they were each other's distractions). We went to the outside of the police station, the fire station (who turned on the big diesel fire truck), and to a park with more people who wanted to pet puppies! They are 3 months today. They behaved amazingly (as long as you don't cross the leashes..NEVER cross the beam.... er leashes!). :lol: We allowed both brother and sister to wrestle and play and play for 20-30 min in my fenced in backyard. His sister (a country dog) got to hear her first train and whistle and see many cars go by.

Both dogs were unfazed by all these distractions and were allowed to wiggle and get pets and give kisses to little kids a bit afraid of the puppies. Pop finally fits into his vest and his sis needs a little more growing to get her vest to fit properly (it has bags on either side). BTW, his sis is still smarter and slightly bigger than him. Her ears were standing the entire time yesterday. Hysterical to see a bat-earred pup! hehe. Much ice was played with and great fun had by all. Both furmommys needed naps afterwards and a bit of advil. Both pups were tired too! A great day to be sure.
  • Options
    Thanks fer puttin' a smile on my face @Ratkity! Sounds like both pups are on a good track to becoming awesome companions!!! Thanks fer sharin'! :);)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    @ericnliz, your wolf sounds amazing. Any photos?
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    @ChanW, There are indeed pictures, however, not on any of my cameras. I'll have to check with one of my long-time friends & ask if he still has any. Duke (my Shepard/Wolf) hasn't been with me now for over 20 years. I hadn't even thought about pictures of him in a long time. Thanks for the reminder! :)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    whalegalwhalegal Member Posts: 1
    i camp with my 160lb St. Bernard
  • Options
    Welcome @whalegal! This is too tantalizing! Please tell us a bit about yourself and your pup in the Introduction Category, what part of the country you live and or camp in, is he or she a happy camper, which T@B you have, etc. And we do love photos here! 

• Options
    2Cougs2Cougs Member Posts: 904
    One lovable, 90 pound Golden Retriever named Murphy.  Loves to sleep outside "protecting" us.  I think he just knows we can't get out without him knowing it! ;)

2016 T@B CS-S silver with white trim and WSU themed
    Pulled by a silver 2017 Chevy Silverado
    Leaves on T@bventures from Spokane, WA

• Options
    @2Cougs, Yep, there's only ONE Murphy, and he's one pretty darn cool dog! B)
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    2Cougs said:
    One lovable, 90 pound Golden Retriever named Murphy.  Loves to sleep outside "protecting" us.  I think he just knows we can't get out without him knowing it! ;)

What a handsome guy!
  • Options
    Aaaawwww! Such wonderful buddies!

• Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 584
    Our first adventure last week in my LI'L L@B T@B...

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Actually, we camp with our dog.  The 400 Belongs to him and we get to take care of it all!  His name is Jaxson and his name is on it!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    clsjjsclsjjs Member Posts: 4
    We camp with our 74lb rescued Border Collie/ German Shepherd mix. He loves camping.
    Craig and Joanne, Southern Maryland
    2017 T@B Max S Outback (W@y@); TV 2010 Subaru Outback
    States Visited Map
  • Options
    gbhaneygbhaney Member Posts: 19
    Sorry about the oversized photos. The long winter affected my faculties and I can't find a way on this site to delete them!

2021 T@B 400 BD.  Silver with black. TV: 2020 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD

• Options
    dsfdogs said:

I love the Li'L L@b T@b.  Great theme!
  • Options
    rkj__ said:
    dsfdogs said:

I love the Li'L L@b T@b.  Great theme!
    Gotta x2 this. Creative and amazing gorgeous pups!