What Are People Using For Bedding In The 400?

newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
Since the 400 bed size is not quite a queen and there is one angled corner near the kitchen counter, wondering what people are doing for sheets, bedspreads, etc.
2018 T@B 400 - 2017 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• TabfortwoTabfortwo Member Posts: 157
    We use a down filled topper with a duvet cover for the bottom then sheet and quilt for top. 
  • robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    I haven't actually slept in our 400 yet, but I am going to use what I had bought for the 320S when I had it.
    https://teardropshop.com/collections/glamping/products/all-seasons-full-queen-sleep-system
    I have placed it on the bed in the 400 and it covers the entire mattress, but with no overhang.

I found that when I go out with the camper, I spend a lot of time attending to tasks (i.e., setting up, pulling items to be used out of their storage areas, setting up outside chairs and or a screen shelter for Florida mosquitoes, cooking equipment, campfires, etc.) and having a easily made up bed cuts down on the tasks. When I had the 320S, there was that extra task of setting up and taking down the bed. The last thing I felt like doing was fitting sheets and this sleep system I linked to above can be easily rolled out and rolled back  up again for storage. 

North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    @robpt, that is a neat bedding system! In your 320, did you also have a mattress topper of some sort?

Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

@dsfdogs, yes, I did have a mattress topper, but it's not one of the better ones. It served its purpose to help cushion the bed in the 320S. What I really liked about this bedding in the 320 was the fact that all I had to do was roll it up with the mattress pad and stuff it behind the fold down bench seat. If the sheets need washing, you just undid them from the velcro... much simpler than separate sheets and bedding to deal with.

I am using it in the 400, even though it has a dedicated bed, because its just so easy to deal with and it is comfortable. I like the camping theme print on it, which I guess is very appropriate! I will probably spring for a thicker mattress pad since I won't be having to roll it up now to store it when not in use. 

• newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
    Robpt, thanks for the picture.  You mentioned velcro on the sheets - can you explain how that works?
    @newbie, the bedding is like a sleeping bag with zippers running the perimeter. If you unzip the bedding on both sides and opened it up, you would see velcro strips running down each side of the bedding. It would fold in on itself when you fold it back to its original top/bottom configuration. The long continuous sheet that acts as a liner has velcro that runs down each side of it. When you velcro the sheet on to the bedding and fold the bedding, zipping it up each side like a sleeping bag, you now have a continuous sheet liner on top and bottom - there are no separate sheets, just one that folds in on itself. The bedding has a thin side and a thick side. In warm weather you flip it so the thin side is up so you have less cover on you at night keeping you cooler. In the winter, you flip it so the thicker side is up providing more warmth. The only draw back I have found so far with this system is if you leave some of the velcro exposed it could become an irritant at night, but that's if you don't velcro the sheet all the way.
  • dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 583
    I love the bedding and really really love that stargazer window. Thanks for the bedding detail.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5

• newbienewbie Member Posts: 30
    Robpt - got it!  Thanks for the detailed explanation.  I may give this setup a try.
  • TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    edited July 2018
    When hubby is along, we use the Travasak sleep system in our 320.  It's no longer made, but is very similar if not the same.
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    TABaker said:
    When hubby is alone, we use the Travasak sleep system in our 320.  It's no longer made, but is very similar if not the same.
    The Travasaks are actually back, again!

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• gooddogs74gooddogs74 Member Posts: 76
    I just bought some queen sheets. They're really cute.
    https://www.target.com/p/camp-patches-printed-cotton-sheet-set-pillowfort-153/-/A-51391300#lnk=sametab&preselect=51334809   

They're not a perfect fit,  but I guess I'm not that picky lol. Have a down comforter in a cover on top.   
    2018 T@b 400
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @jkjenn Are you referring to the RV Superbags which zip together instead of using Velcro and have a summer and winter side lie the travasaks?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    Twojgrams said:
    @jkjenn Are you referring to the RV Superbags which zip together instead of using Velcro and have a summer and winter side lie the travasaks?
    I have seen both, but it looks like the Travasak listings were old. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• iamherefornowiamherefornow Member Posts: 30
    robpt said:
    I haven't actually slept in our 400 yet, but I am going to use what I had bought for the 320S when I had it.
    https://teardropshop.com/collections/glamping/products/all-seasons-full-queen-sleep-system
    I have placed it on the bed in the 400 and it covers the entire mattress, but with no overhang.

I found that when I go out with the camper, I spend a lot of time attending to tasks (i.e., setting up, pulling items to be used out of their storage areas, setting up outside chairs and or a screen shelter for Florida mosquitoes, cooking equipment, campfires, etc.) and having a easily made up bed cuts down on the tasks. When I had the 320S, there was that extra task of setting up and taking down the bed. The last thing I felt like doing was fitting sheets and this sleep system I linked to above can be easily rolled out and rolled back  up again for storage. 

Hi @robpt.  I love the idea of your sheets but the link is no longer working.  Do you know the name/make/size of them?  We just bought a T@B and these sound perfect. -Paige & Ryan

@iamherefornow, they are called All Seasons Full/Queen Sleep System. I did a quick search, because Amazon use to have it listed, but the only place I found still offering the set is at Camping World: https://www.campingworld.com/all-seasons-full-queen-sleep-system-tan

Hope that helps!

• iamherefornowiamherefornow Member Posts: 30