Options

2016 320 CS-S Glycol Tank - Toilet Operation

We are new owners of a 2016 T@B 320 CS-S. We are ready to head out on our first adventure. We live in a cold climate area so I am unable to test out the water systems before we depart south to the warmth of Florida. I have figured out the heating system and have found the glycol tank (I think) in the compartment behind the toilet. Two questions - How can you see the level of the glycol? It is inside this compartment. I can open it and see that there is glycol in there, but I can't see the level line on the side of the tank. Also, what ELSE is in this compartment? About the toilet - When I hook up to city water -or- I fill the domestic tank will the pump fill the toilet? Is there anything else I will need to know to use it? We've never had a toilet in a camper so we are TOTALLY ignorant about how to use it. I guess we'll figure out the use (and dumping) when we arrive in a warmer climate. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    JeffGebJeffGeb Member Posts: 11
    BTW - Although our camper is a 2016, it has never been used. It is totally new. Even came with stuff still wrapped in plastic.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited February 2018
    The water pump for your fresh water is probably in there as well.

As for the toilet, it's a 'manual' fill. The valve lever is on the right rear side (you pull it toward the front of the toilet). It acts as a combination water-fill valve and flush valve, depending on how hard you pull on it. Pull it a little and it only let's water into the bowl. Pull it all the way and it opens the bottom valve and flushes it all away.

You'll always leave a little water in the bowl to keep the seal air tight, and then also when you use it for "solids" you add a little more water before use, for better flushing of the solids.

It's pretty simple once you have an opportunity to try it.

Have fun!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,512

JeffGeb, the fresh water pump is under the galley counter.  Once you have a water supply (city connection vs fresh tank using the pump), all you need to do is pull the flush handle half way to allow water to enter the bowl.  To flush, pull the flush handle all the way and the trap cover opens as water continues to  pour into the bowl.  

Re the glycol:  we used our phone on reverse camera to see the min and max lines which we marked with a permanent black marker.  Be VERY careful not to drop it down into that gap.  We then bought a cheap, small mirror found in the Walmart auto dept. and fixed it to the wall opposite the glycol tank.  Easy to see the level of fluid.  

As far as what else is in the compartment, ours has wiring for our battery monitor shunt and above is a picture of the front of the CS and what we did with the hatch:

The black hoses lead from the glycol reservoir and you can see the white fresh tank fill hose and some wiring at the bottom left.

Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Cool photo. If only things were so easily accessible on the finished Tab!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @JeffGeb, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! Many adventures await, most of all, happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.