5 cu ft refrigerator in small trailer

Good golly, have ya'll seen the "Mini Max" with the huge refrigerator?  The competition is really heating up!

http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com/tag/little-guy-mini-max/

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    xbooooo said:
    Good golly, have ya'll seen the "Mini Max" with the huge refrigerator?  The competition is really heating up!

http://smalltrailerenthusiast.com/tag/little-guy-mini-max/
    Looks like you can't sit up on the back bench. No thanks.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    edited March 2018
    There is no limit to the features you can have just by adding the length, height, and width. We bought our T@B because it was the smallest package yet it still had everything we needed and wanted. It still does just that. The fact that it fits in our garage because it is small is the most important features .

1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350

Agree with Jenn about being able to relax while watching TV with the back cushion in the upright position.  That cushion looks like it stays flat.  Very nice looking unit all-in-all.  I'll see one live this Saturday at a local dealer's open house and report back to everyone.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
    I just don't get the need for a fridge that big in a trailer that size. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    Traveling with two people, less concern and time to shop every 2-3 days, bringing foods from home that aren’t available on the trip,  we don’t boondock, but I would think the people that do, would like the large refrigerator.  Some foods last longer in the refrigerator, when you are extreme heat.
    jdargis said:
    Traveling with two people, less concern and time to shop every 2-3 days, bringing foods from home that aren’t available on the trip,  we don’t boondock, but I would think the people that do, would like the large refrigerator.  Some foods last longer in the refrigerator, when you are extreme heat.
    I spent 3 months boondocking and space was not an issue. I went shopping once a week. 

• robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    Kinda seems they're trying to appeal to different markets.... like the two tv sets in the regular Max, which may appeal to some (not to me though.)  The big refrigerator probably appeals to different camping needs. I personally would rather have the storage space for dry goods. 

I agree about the back bench, that caught my eye right away as just wasted space. 

North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • jdargisjdargis Member Posts: 305
    “I” meaning one, not 2.  That’s terrific, but my food tastes are not yours and there is two of us.  
  • robptrobpt Member Posts: 90
    "I" meaning 2 in reality. I'm the one who organizes... We don't go on extended trips due to job constraints. I certainly can see the need and practicality for more refrigeration space on extended trips. We need storage to hold things for the next trip; less time packing and unpacking and more time to just be there. 
    North Florida T@B 400 towed by a 2014 Nissan Frontier
  • marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    I like the refrigerator, the standing (6 ft) head room and the 13,500 btu A/C- which anyone would appreciate if you’ve experienced Texas summers. It’s a nice looking rig. 
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • MudsharkMudshark Member Posts: 21
    It has many nice features. I saw the larger Max at the local camper show and was not at all impressed with the build quality. 
    2016 T@b M@x CS-S White with black trim. 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4. White Lake Mi.
    @mudshark, you must have been looking at a different one than the one I saw.
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Hmmm. Lets see....what size cooler am I gonna need for a 10 day stock of beer? =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 120
    Um, this works for a week. A second one for longer trips. They make great counter weights to balance out the tongue when stored under the rear bench.   :)

2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

I needs this!!!
  • gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    I thought the MiniMax was interesting and I could see the appeal for others.  But in the T@B, I like having the twin bed set up and still have bench sitting space on the sides.  The rear window seems unnecessary and could possible let in heat, or possibly leak.  The refrigerator and AC are HUGE and seems an energy drain.  The closet and kitchen area is very nice.  I have no use for a microwave.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    It’s time for someone to create the kegerator T@B- theT@Ber@ter! Maybe a collapsible bladder of beer nestled in the back bench storage area with a tap fitting to the exterior lagun table area? You create it, and we’ll buy the kit! Unless it’s already been done. 
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 120
    @Twojgrams  Hehe.  I did, but couldn't fit it through the T@B door. So now it sits in the basement.

On a side note, we're still looking for a new, original name for the T@B. You've got my attention. Will have to see what Jan says. Thx

2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

• jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited March 2018
    Alrighty then! I’ll have me some of that TNT (maybe an Imperial?) and a taste of the Maple(?) Porter. Nice set up!
    And just to keep us on track-that 5 cf fridge could be modified!
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Just saw the Mini Max in person.  Yep - that is one nice frig!  It looks larger than the one in the Max.  Very nice unit.  Some differences from my 2016 Outback (1) that rear cushion does not move.  If you want to watch TV, you would need sit with your arms by your side or add some cushioning on the left side where the roof slopes down into the bed.  Not a deal-killer, but I prefer the adjustable seat back in the T@B.  I'm 5'9" and can stand straight in 70% of the cabin and 100% in the shower.  There is what looks like a drawer between the left and right seating areas.  It actually pulls out accordion style with the bed slats (very clever design). Nice utensil drawer below the stove and foldout spice rack under the sink.  The cabinet near the door with the table area in front is a little unusual.  I was told if they made it bigger, it would intrude on the cabin too much and block out much of the view and light from the front window.  Fair enough, but it would be more useful if you could put clothes in there on hangers (IMHO).  Ground clearance on the offroad model appears better than my Outback.  The opening window on the door is a nice touch as is the window over the bed.  The table does not come out.  It is adjustable and sinks down so that the bed slats can be brought over it.  Not sure how I feel about that. The roof mounted A/C also puts cool air into the vents near the floor (two near the bed and one by the door).  The heater just puts warm air into the 3 floor vents.  The heater fan noise is noticeable, but shouldn't be a problem for most people.  For me, I prefer quietness of the Alde.  The offroad unit is tall with the roof mounted AC.  Finally, there is a nice storage unit under the bed accessible from the outside.
  • GibWGibW Member Posts: 95
    @Tabaz... thanks for the write up of your impressions.  Looks like the little camper market is heating up. I agree with @Dalehelman, we like the T@B since it seems to be the smallest pakage with all the amenities. Now if winter would just leave MN so we could take ours out of storage and start camping again. 
    2017 T@B Max-S, silver & silver, towed by a Titanium Silver 2018 Kia Sorento AWD V-6, Twin Cities MN
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @GibW, 2X, also here in Michigan!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
    I love my T@B and appreciate the innovative design and quality craftsmanship that went into it.  Plus it's downright cool looking. But the one thing that got me when I was looking for an RV (not even a trailer), was the ability to raise the back cushion, snuggle into that right side corner and watch TV. How cool was that in something so small? Then there is that damn Alde heater. Unbelievably wonderful below 3,000 feet elevation, but for some of us, a roaring lion in the cabin at higher altitudes. Here's the deal.  Based on what I've seen today about the Max and Mini Max, I'll be keeping my Outback. Why? Because I 'm in love and consider myself in a committed relationship. But for those of you still in the RV dating mode, please checkout the Mini Max and other potential suitors. 
  • xboooooxbooooo Member Posts: 33
    edited March 2018
    Unlike the 320, the 400-Max-Mini Max beds snug right up to the sharply sloping ceiling. When I looked at the 400 and crawling over DW getting in and out of bed, I'm afraid of head, shoulder, knee going through the window shades during my contortions. If I was interested in any of those campers, I would want to see if that rear window could be deleted. Such a large opening in the roof makes me nervous anyway. As nice as the reclining seat in the 320 is, (and I wish it was in the other campers), l am inclined toward the refrigerator that is actually usable with no additional coolers needed, and the simpler gas/electric water heater of the Mini Max. What I did like in the 400 was the longer driver's side dinnette seat where I could turn sideways with my feet up. It needs the curved European back cushions for support when sitting that way. 
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Um, this works for a week. A second one for longer trips. They make great counter weights to balance out the tongue when stored under the rear bench.   :)

marknjudy said:
    I needs this!!!
    Twojgrams said:
    It’s time for someone to create the kegerator T@B- theT@Ber@ter! Maybe a collapsible bladder of beer nestled in the back bench storage area with a tap fitting to the exterior lagun table area? You create it, and we’ll buy the kit! Unless it’s already been done. 
    In my vague memory, I think someone has added a mini keg to their T@B, with a tap on the outside. Maybe a clamshell. Pulled the fridge and put it in that space.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL