Comparison of Dimensions: 320 vs. 400

sherm2954sherm2954 Member Posts: 38
Good afternoon. 

First, I searched this forum and have not been able to find a clear and simple diagram or comparison of the relative dimensions of the 320 vs. the 400. I am definitely in the market for a T@b and yesterday took a 3 hour road trip south to the nearest dealer. They only have the 320 models, but they have every variation (Tabitha, Outback, etc.)

I sat in all 11 they had, looked at every feature I could think of and took lots of photos. Here's the issue: We haven't been able to see a 400 in person. In all likelihood, I'm going to end up ordering a 400. For my wife and me, the increased space is going to be well worth the increased price. 

The problem: I have the 320 brochure and it lists dimensions including "fender to fender width", outside height, total length, etc. The information I find online for the 400 doesn't use the same terminology. It describes the "box width" ,etc. 
So...I chalked out the dimensions of the 320 on the floor of my garage, then added 1 foot width and 3 feet length. I also marked the height difference on the wall so that we could visualize the size difference. 

The request: Does anyone have a diagram showing the relative sizes? Or side by side photos of the 320 next to a 400? Anything that will help us understand the actual difference!

Thank you all in advance. 

Comments

• jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,389
    This is a really good question and I can  understand why you would want to know. I have not seen those details, but I would think the factory would be the best place to get those details. Perhaps one of the mods here in the forum can inquire.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Have you looked at nüCamp's page for the 400 yet?

http://tab.nucamprv.com/tab-400-floor-plan/

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • sherm2954sherm2954 Member Posts: 38
    Yes. Thank you for replying! As you will note, it doesn't provide the same standard measure of width, length, etc. I think I have a decent feel with my chalk marks, but I'd certainly like more specific set of measurements. 
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Cyclonic's link has interior and external height and width. I must be missing exactly what measurements you are wanting. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • rgclemensrgclemens Member Posts: 9
    Here is a copy of an email that I received from NuCamp - FYI - not sure if it is exactly what you want...

Date: Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 10:13 AM
    To: Richard Clemens <rgclemens@gmail.com>
    Subject: T@B 400 Blog Comment

Hi Richard,

I just saw your comment on one of our blog posts regarding the T@B 400 specs:

“Is there an official specifications sheet available for the T@B 400 that I could download? We are on the list at a dealer in NC for one in their next arrivals (yay!). In our previous T@B Maxx S (2014) we had a cover and an awning so we want to purchase these two items for the 400. Any leads we can pursue for covers and awnings that will fit the 400? Will the keder rails and dimensions for Walker and Isabella products made in Europe be compatible with the USA made 400s?”

Since the T@B 400 is so new and is very slowly trickling out to dealers, we don’t have an official spec sheet that is downloadable, however we’re currently in the process of creating one. For now, I’ll just email you the specs and then once we finalize the sheet, I’ll go ahead and shoot one your way.

Sleeping Area:

• 60” x 80” Queen Bed on Froli Sleep System with Under-Bed Free Flowing Heat and Storage
    • Custom, Built-In 24” TV with Premium Speakers and AM/FM/DVD
    • 8 sq. ft. Over-the-bed Stargazer Window

Kitchen/Dinette

• Glass-Top, 2-Burner Stove
    • Deep, Circular Stainless Steel, Glass-Top Sink
    • 2-Way, 2.7 cu. ft. Fridge

Wet Bath

• Custom, Pull-Down Sink
    • Heated Floor
    • Alde Radiant Heat Panel
    • Roof Vent/Fan
    • Portal Window

Unique Features

• Direct and Indirect LED Lighting
    • ALDE Central Heat and Water System
    • Infinity Flooring
    • Ohio Amish Rich Real-Wood Cabinetry

Exterior Features

• Aluminum Frame Construction Technology
    • Diamond Plated Stone Guard Protection
    • Custom ABS Trim Kit w/ Upgraded LP Storage Tank

Specifications

• Exterior Length: Box – 15’, Coupler – 18’
    • Exterior Width: 84”
    • Exterior Height: 8’1”
    • Bed Area: 80” x 60”
    • Interior Height: 6’7”
    • Interior Width: 81”
    • Floor Length: 12’7”
    • Interior Length: 14’3”
    • Fresh Water: 30 gal
    • Gray Water: 18 gal
    • Black Water: 12 gal
    • Tire Size: 205/75/14 or 208/75/15 (option)
    • GAWR: 3,500 lbs
    • Tongue Weight: 325 – 375 lbs
    • Overall Weight: 2,690 lbs
    • Roof Vent: 14” x 14”
    • Receiver Size: 2” Ball

Clemens in VA no T@B now - waiting for our T@B 400! TV = Honda Ridgeline
  • marknjudymarknjudy Member Posts: 378
    Hmmm... "97 Inch Exterior Height" I wonder if that takes in consideration the fan, vents, etc. That'd still fit through my garage door. :)
    Mark - 2016 T@b Max S (Silver/Red), 2012 F-150
  • ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    I'm looking at the "optional tire size, and believe there is a typo in the nomenclature. Pretty sure it should read 205/75/15 instead of 208/75/15. The first designation usually goes up (or down) in increments of 5: ie: 205, 215, 225 etc.
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    ericnliz said:
    I'm looking at the "optional tire size, and believe there is a typo in the nomenclature. Pretty sure it should read 205/75/15 instead of 208/75/15. The first designation usually goes up (or down) in increments of 5: ie: 205, 215, 225 etc.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that too, just a typo.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • rgclemensrgclemens Member Posts: 9
    Yes seems like a typo - actually in a follow up email they said that all 400s come with 15 inch tires - the 14 inch option evidently was in error also.
    Clemens in VA no T@B now - waiting for our T@B 400! TV = Honda Ridgeline
    I was hoping they would go the 15" tire route. Seems to make a lot more sense for both clearance, and the additional weight of the 400 model. Good move! :)
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    ericnliz said:
    Yes, I think there is a typo -- they usually go up or down in increments of "10."  (205,215,225)
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

Estancio, Heh, thanks for the correction, you're right, increments of 10. Thanks ;)
    Spokane, Wa.

• TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    For a simple comparison what are the correct entries for these blanks?
    The 400's maximum exterior dimensions (including coupler) are __ inches longer, __ inches wider, and __ inches taller than a 320.
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
    Exactly! I'd also like to see photos of both models side by side, at the same time on the same lot! A way to really see how they look for comparison!
    I contacted one of the big dealers in the southwest and asked if they can park and outback and 400 side by side and send me some photos. I'll post them if they actually do it. Also, there's something about the 400 that just didn't sit right with me...love the style and really do think I want one, but I couldn't figure out what was bothering me. Then I realized, it's the size of the tires relative to the camper. They just look so dang small. 
    The newer T@B 400's now have 15" tires. The first photos in this discussion were of the first prototype with 14" tires. The axle has also been moved since the first protype. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    See how this is:
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • EstancioEstancio Member Posts: 243
    Yes, those tires in both photos look tiny for sure!
    Stancil Campbell
    2011 T@B
    Rockingham, NC

The newest photo (not on the grass) doesn't look like the tires are tucked up into the wheel wells. Plus the axle is placed back further. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN

Verna said:

The newest photo (not on the grass) doesn't look like the tires are tucked up into the wheel wells. Plus the axle is placed back further. 

The photo from the t@b site does indeed look much better.
    You are awesomely wise and observant.

I shall call you Yod@.  
     =)=)=);) 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Kevin@7Kevin@7 Member Posts: 66
    I too could not find a side by side comparison anywhere on the internet.   Since I just upgraded to a 400 I thought I'd snap a few side by side pictures before parting ways with my 320S Max :bawling:  I'll miss the little bugger.  I hope she finds a good home.  Tried to get a side view on the tab 320S side but the monster camper next to me was in the way :angry: .
    2014 Jeep Cherokee trailhawk
    2018 T@B 400 (white w/ red trim)
  • PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
     Here  is another side view...
    Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
    Another size comparison . . . from when I was deciding between the two models.

GM Mid-Size Pickup +  320 and 400 T@B

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @sherm2954 I was also intrigued with the 400. I’ve got a 320S and love it. I was able to see a 400 at our local January RV show. I was quite surprised that once inside the 400 it felt cramped to me, the passway to the bed area isn’t wide enough for DH and I to pass. I also love the large windows and their placement in the 320S. I loved the new larger 400 bathroom, but was disappointed in the dinette size. I can seat four comfortably in my 320S, but not in the 400 if I want friends in for a while. Most of those who own them love them. I am happy staying put with my 320S! Good luck with your decision!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red