Options

Fuses constantly blowing!

Hello all,

I am just wondering if it's normal for fuses to constantly be getting blown? My 2017 seems to blow a fuse every trip. The two that get blown the most are the ones for the ALDI touch screen and the one for the fridge. The fridge one is the one that's UNDER the stovetop, so I have to remove the stove and replace the fuse in there. 

It's getting very frustrating. I always make sure everything is turned off before I plug/unplug the unit from shore power. 

Is there something else I should be doing? I'm wondering if maybe the 12v from the car is causing problems?

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    I'm not sure if this is a help, but I've got a 2017 Tab 320S and haven't blown a fuse yet. I'm also really careful about the order of set up and take down. Hooking up: tab battery off. Plug into TV, turn battery on just before travel. Arrive, turn off tab battery, unplug from TV. Plug tab power cord into surge protector, then into power post, plug into tab, then turn the battery on, then any items inside like the Alde or fridge, etc. Take down is the reverse, trailer to tab battery to plug to outlet etc. If this is what you are doing, then maybe someone else has a better idea. Good luk!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    blackc2004blackc2004 Member Posts: 117
    Good Idea, I've never thought of actually turning the battery off during the hookup/unhook process. When I picked up my unit the dealer said you should never "have" to disconnect the battery. 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    edited April 2018
    Knock on wood, but I've yet to blow a fuse in three seasons with my 2015.

Along the lines of what Homebodyatheart said, I am careful to turn individual appliences OFF before connecting or disconnecting power (whether battery or AC). Applying or yanking the power without turning off the system was a suspected culprit of blown Alde fuses that plagued some owners a while back.

I'm not guaranteeing that is the source of your problems, but it's worth a try before diving into a major investigation.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    linolino Member Posts: 225
    I have never blown a fuse in a year and don’t make sure the battery is off before connecting or disconnecting.  Getting it checked makes sense

But will start to do this because it seems like a good idea and warranty should apply 
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,421
    @blackc2004, I probably should have asked this first...

Under what specific conditions are these fuses blowing? Does it happen while you are towing or in camp? Is it associated with connecting or disconnecting to power? Does it happen on battery, shore power, or both?

I do tend to agree with boo and lino that there is some other issue at play. However, tracking it down could require some careful sleuthing.
    2015 T@B S