Options

ALDE Won't heat on shore power

Just bought my new T@B 400 four days ago. Did a test on the heating of the TT with propane and that went OK. However, when I try to heat with shore power only all I get is gurgling in the glycol tank. the heater itself is cold. I have replaced both of the fuses in the green sleeves on the ALDE heater itself. the fuses looked OK but were a little different from the original ones that seemed to have a beed or ball in the middle of the wire fuse, so I changed them. I don't know what else to do. The dealer has not returned my call yet. Manual is vague as to troubleshooting.

Comments

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    The Aldes in 320s are prone to coming unplugged. Check and make sure yours is plugged in, Maybe a 120v outlet somewhere near the Alde?
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    The gurgling sound is suspect of an air pocket somewhere. Do the hoses get warm?
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    drossdross Member Posts: 5
    Checked the AC plug and it is good. The hoses get warm on propane, but not on A/C. I have tried the up/down of the jack to try to dislodge any air bubbles.
  • Options
    It’s hard to imagine air bubbles would be a problem on electric and not on propane. 

Check the circuit breakers in the converter and check the GFCI. And, you are plugged into shore power, right? 

In the upper right corner of your Alde control panel, is there a little icon that looks like an electric plug?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Please use an electric hair dryer or something that plugs into an electrical outlet to verify there is electrical power at the Alde electric plug. If no electrical power, check for a blown circuit breaker in the converter below the closet door.

Please check the level of the glycol in the reservoir tank in the closet. It should be between the min/max line. The lower the level of the glycol in the reservoir, the more it gurgles. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    If you are at home and plugged into a 15 amp house plug you could of popped the breaker in the house. Alde on high plus converter draws over 15 amps

2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    drossdross Member Posts: 5
    Thanks everyone. I am probably impatient on this one. The system works but very slow in heating up. I believe now that it may be using only one of the heating elements due to the limited 15 amp plug I am using. It took about 6 hours to heat up to 60 degrees. It helped when I started it using both propane and A/C. So I will wait until I plug into 30 amp service. Appreciate all the help from you fellow tabers
  • Options
    Well, at least you know some of the things to check if you do run into problems!
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    Verna said:
    Please use an electric hair dryer or something that plugs into an electrical outlet to verify there is electrical power at the Alde electric plug. If no electrical power, check for a blown circuit breaker in the converter below the closet door.

Please check the level of the glycol in the reservoir tank in the closet. It should be between the min/max line. The lower the level of the glycol in the reservoir, the more it gurgles. 
    X2   The gurgling comes from the circulating pump that runs on 12 volts the heating element needs 110 volts. Test the outlet for power  as Verna suggested.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun