Options

New from Texas!

brooksdmbrooksdm Member Posts: 11
Good morning all!  Would like to introduce myself to the forum.  My husband (David) and I (Monica) just purchased a used 2016 Clamshell on Monday and are trying, desperately, to figure out how to camp with a trailer.  LOL!  I've read so much that my eyes are strained but it's a lot of fun learning and familiarizing yourself with something you know nothing about!  I've had my eye on the clamshell's for a little over two years.  Have driven an hour and a half away, several times to view a few (2017 & 2018).  Went as far as getting qualified but just never took the bait.  Since a trailer is a want and not a need, we drug our feet for a while.  While searching the internet last week (as I always do), I found a nice looking 2016 clamshell, not too far from where we live.  They took very good care of it and the price seemed very good for such a cute well taken care of trailer.  It came with some extras like a Pahaque tent and cover and a few other little but valuable things.  I'm so excited to finally have my clamshell but I don't know the first thing about camping with a trailer.  Trips to the river and lake, which we do every summer, are mostly day trips with a very few tent trips.  We only live 15/20 minutes from the Guadalupe and Comal Rivers and 25 minutes from Canyon Lake.  We'd like to explore Texas and other places but mainly Texas (yes we are true Texans and LOVE our state) sooooo here comes the learning phase of trailer camping.  Have a good day everyone, as I will be reading and watching a lot of You Tube videos on camping with a trailer.  LOL!   
2016 T@B Max CS-S, 2017 Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    DINDAnLANDINDAnLAN Member Posts: 75
    Congrats and happy trails!
    Linda & Dan
    Cleveland, Ohio
    2018 Ford F150 XLT pulling a 2020 T@B 400
    LIFE IS GOOD!
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Welcome & know you've come to the right place to not only learn, but ask questions. Lots of knowledge & help here...so...if you get so befuddled that it just doesn't make sense, ask away. Help is usually only a keystroke away! Happy Camping! :)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Welcome!! Many adventures await!
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    Welcome!

My wife and I picked up our 2016 Clamshell last July, but it feels like it’s been longer than that, because we have had so much fun with it!  

Prior to getting our T@b, I knew a thing or two about camping, but I knew nothing about RVs. I too was a little intimidated. Hanging out here, I learned a ton though. And, I’m still learning from all the great posters here. 

Happy campung. 

2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    driftlessdriftless Member Posts: 135
    Welcome! We are just back from a wonderful 6 week trip to your fine state.  One of our stays was at Guadelupe River SP.   So much to see in Texas that we will definitely be back. Happy camping in your clamshell!
    Happy Trails,
    Phil & Anita - Driftless: 2018 T@B 400/2015 Ford Explorer 

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @brooksdm, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! You'll do fine. It's all part of the adventure! Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    PinspotPinspot Member Posts: 14
    Welcome to the forum. I too picked up a 2018 clam shell this Feb. I would suggest spending time here reading posts from other tabbers  to really increase your knowledge of your new toy. If you can't find what your looking for, just ask and someone will have a good answer. Also spend the night in the driveway a few times just to feel everything out. Anyways Happy camping.
  • Options
    WillieontheRoadWillieontheRoad Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2018
    David and Monica,
    Welcome to the T@B family.  We live in Austin and certainly share your love of Texas.  Just finished our first long trip to Florida and now we are just south of Tucson.  We highly suggest getting onto Campendium.  It has become our #1 guide for finding places to camp.  We have also become "state parkers" feeling that they are the best campsites.  Our Texas is loaded with great state parks.  Have fun, but be aware that they will book up on summer weekends.
    Best wishes on your new adventures.  We'll look for you around Texas.
    Alan, Joan and Willie

2018 T@B 400  Jeep GC
    Alan & Joan Fisher
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    TerryV6TerryV6 Member Posts: 1,092
    David and Monica,
    Welcome folks.  You will find many friendly and helpful people here.  There is a lot of things you will want to know.  I would suggest starting a binder, or two, and putting things in them.  There is a lot of info here and sometimes you will do better with a google search instead of just relying on the website search.  I don't know why. I know a lot less than most here, but more than I did a year ago. So, if I see a question of yours, I'll try to lend a hand.   Most of all, buying your camper was only the start of the journey...  Also, lots of toys to buy.  

Terry & Jody...  2016 Dodge Ram 1500
    2016 NuCamp 320 T@B Max S
    T@bbey  Road   
    Appleton,  WI