CPAP in T@b 400

BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
Just wondering if anyone out there with a 400 is using CPAP ?  If so where do you place your machine?
BigGrover
2019 T@b 400 Boondock Lite
2018 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi
Central Alabama

Comments

• dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @BigGrover, there was a discussion about this in the last couple of months. Use the search function and locate it. I do remember that the machine in question was too big to fit in the cubby under/next to the bed. So anyone out there got info? Good luck.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    edited January 2018
    Whoa! I just tried something new-@BigGrover, search on cpap + 400  Some threads for you! At least a couple may be helpful.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• dvgibsondvgibson Member Posts: 33
    BigGrover, I was wondering if you have any more info on using a CPAP in a T@B 400.  We get our new one as soon as we get our tow vehicle. The cubby by the bed looks like the perfect place, but its not deep enough so I am thinking some modifications might have to be made. And it needs 120 volts. I am wondering if I should get the inverter so if we have to run overnight on battery we will have AC as well. 
    T@B 400 2018 Tacoma TRD SR5
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    We don't boondock so use the 110 power outlet..  So far I have used my Resmed without the humidifier.  When I separate it from the humidifier it fits perfectly in the cubby.  I will probably drill a hole so I can put it in the closet with the humidifier attached and run the tubing and power through the hole for extended trips.  One of my mods was shelves in the closet and there's plenty of room under the first shelf. 
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • AlanAlan Member Posts: 120
    I just put mine on the floor next to the bed.plug in the cubbie. During the we store it in the bathroom.
  • BigGroverBigGrover Member Posts: 450
    I am concerned about my wife stepping on it if we put it on the floor.
    BigGrover
    Central Alabama
  • Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I use a Resmed in my 2015 T@B.  There are various ways to accomplish things and I have a small 300 watt pure sine wave inverter that I use when boondocking or when I stay in Arizona for the winter.  I avoid using the humidifier and am fine without it.  I have a 10' extension cord thatIve used at various times but also have a cigarette style plug that I plug the inverter into and place the CPAP unit to my side and closer to my feet to allow some slack in the hose and comfort.  I do fine without the humidifier and as long as the 12 volt DC wiring is heavy enough the inverter should operate fine and without chirping and shutting down.  It's always a good idea to test things out before heading out on the road as undoubtedly problems will crop up late at night and put you into a sleep panic mode 200 miles away from home.  They do make a 12 volt DC adapter that will eliminate the inverter if you want to spend a few extra bucks!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ