Options

Very Limited Water Pressure from Outdoor Shower

Has anyone experienced extremely limited water pressure from the outdoor shower (and fixed the problem)? With both hot and cold turned to the max, the best we can get is a little more than a trickle from the nozzle. This occurs when using city water, or water from the tank with the pump on. I've removed the nozzle and am still experiencing the same problem. In other words it is not a clogged nozzle. Thank you. 

Comments

• Options
    RollingBnBRollingBnB Member Posts: 322
    Remove base handle from hose and look inside handle. Should be a restricter washer that you can either remove or drill a bigger hole.
    2020 Tiffin Open Road
    2020 Nissan Versa Toad 
    Alan & Patty
    Southern Az
  • Options
    FerdFerd Member Posts: 16
    Thanks, but water pressure is weak coming from the hose after I completely remove the handle/nozzle, along with the washer.   
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Follow the lines and check for kinks.  Can you blow out those lines in case there is debris?  The outside shower pressure has been a frequent issue.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks SAM. You inadvertently helped me fix the problem. Based on your suggestion I blew out the line, but with no results. Then, after pushing the hose back into the receptacle about two or three inches, water starting flowing with sufficient pressure. The times I have tried to use the shower I have pulled the hose out as far as it could go. I now know to feed it back a few inches. You saved me a trip to the dealer for a warranty service, which I was dreading.  
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Sweet!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Ferd said:
    Thanks SAM. You inadvertently helped me fix the problem. Based on your suggestion I blew out the line, but with no results. Then, after pushing the hose back into the receptacle about two or three inches, water starting flowing with sufficient pressure. The times I have tried to use the shower I have pulled the hose out as far as it could go. I now know to feed it back a few inches. You saved me a trip to the dealer for a warranty service, which I was dreading.  
    So in other words, when you pulled it all the way out, you actually kinked the line in the  process...?
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • Options
    I don't think that the hose kinked, but that may have been the case. When I pulled it out on three separate occasions I tugged pretty hard on the hose and turned it around a bit to work out any kinks that might have been there. It may have something to do with the hose fully extended not allowing a sufficient amount of water to be pulled from the reservoir (?). 
  • Options
    dsfdogsdsfdogs Member Posts: 586
    I've had the same problem. Thanks for the info. I'll check under the seat to see how the hose is positioned.
    Debbie in Oregon
    2023 Tab 400 / 2022 F150 XLT Sport 3.5EB
    Traded in - 2018 T@B 320 S/2019 Toyota 4Runner SR5