Hello From MD

iamherefornowiamherefornow Member Posts: 30
Hi.  My husband and I are soon-to-be proud owners of a 2018 T@B 400 and we can't wait to hit the road.  We look forward to meeting other tear-droppers and learning from you all.  - Paige & Ryan

Comments

• linolino Member Posts: 224
    Let me try again

Welcome
    I am from the Northern Virginia area
    Good to hear from someone local
    I would like to hear about cool places to camp in Maryland 
    We have have been to Owens Mill a couple of times 

• 4ncar4ncar Member Posts: 1,072
    Hey! I’m from Maryland too! B)
    TV- '16 Chevy Colorado LT Crew Cab-DuraMax
    2018 320S Outback
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    Nice to see there are so many "locals".  We're farther south, in the Richmond area, but we're originally both from Maryland, and with relatives in the Annapolis & Baltimore area, so we still get back there once or twice a year.

-Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @iamherefornow, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! Many adventures await. Happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    Look at the tearjerkers.net site. I'm a member of the Chesapeake Bay Tearjerkers in MD. We have monthly gatherings and have a lot of fun. Sometimes cooking contests, Oct pumpkin carving, and way too much food at Sat nite pot lucks. We are laid back sorta folk. Glamping is our game. People sometimes fish, kayak (or both), share stories 'round the campfire that stay 'round the campfire, catch up from the last outing... geesh.. just fun. Some people have T@Bs, T@Gs, homemades, Little Guys, Canned Hams, Retros... everyone would just fall out to see the 400!! We lub everyone and all! We try to take over a loop in a campground as so not to disturb others (we laugh a lot!). 

Welcome to the forum!! 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • iamherefornowiamherefornow Member Posts: 30
    edited June 2018
    lino said:
    Let me try again

Welcome
    I am from the Northern Virginia area
    Good to hear from someone local
    I would like to hear about cool places to camp in Maryland 
    We have have been to Owens Mill a couple of times 

Hi, @Lino!  Great to hear from another person from the DMV.  We haven't been here very long, but Assateague Island is pretty cool.  We just got our America the Beautiful passes and hope to do some federal land camping soon.
    edited June 2018
    4ncar said:
    Hey! I’m from Maryland too! B)
    Hi, @4ncar. Awesome!  It looks like there are a few of us.
    edited June 2018
    BrianZ said:
    Nice to see there are so many "locals".  We're farther south, in the Richmond area, but we're originally both from Maryland, and with relatives in the Annapolis & Baltimore area, so we still get back there once or twice a year.

Hi, @BrianZ.  That's a nice area.  We're military and moved to Maryland from overseas about 10 months but it's our second time here.  I know a lot of people complain about it but we really like it here.
    @iamherefornow, welcome to the forum, the t@b family and congratulations on your trailer! Many adventures await. Happy t@bbing!
    Thanks, @dragonsdofly!  We are so excited to pick it up and are already planning our first trip.
    Ratkity said:
    Look at the tearjerkers.net site. I'm a member of the Chesapeake Bay Tearjerkers in MD. We have monthly gatherings and have a lot of fun. Sometimes cooking contests, Oct pumpkin carving, and way too much food at Sat nite pot lucks. We are laid back sorta folk. Glamping is our game. People sometimes fish, kayak (or both), share stories 'round the campfire that stay 'round the campfire, catch up from the last outing... geesh.. just fun. Some people have T@Bs, T@Gs, homemades, Little Guys, Canned Hams, Retros... everyone would just fall out to see the 400!! We lub everyone and all! We try to take over a loop in a campground as so not to disturb others (we laugh a lot!). 

Welcome to the forum!! 
    Hi, @Ratkity!  That sounds like so much fun.  We would love to join you sometime.  This is our first camper and we are excited to hit the road.
    Even if you don't want to camp that weekend we are congregating, it's worth the drive to come around and check out the campers and folks! Always lots of extra chairs (and food... did I mention food?). 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
    If you have not been to here yet I recommend Shenandoah National Park
    We go there often
  • Travelin3DTravelin3D Member Posts: 173
    One of our favorites - Big Meadows campground. Haven't been back in several years and need to correct that!
    Richie, Mickie and Satchmo
    2020 320S Boondock Lite (silver w/blue)
    2019 Subaru Ascent Premium
    Big Meadows is GREAT. Some of the sites are sorta hard to level a trailer on. They tried to pave them or tamp them all down and may be better now. It's boondock only, so make sure battery is topped off and water tank is filled. No coolers outside. The deer are very unafraid of people!! lol. My old Golden Retrievers were dumbfounded. There is a fee to get on the Skyway parkway (don't know what it is now). Senior passes are great (I'm not old enough yet). The Appalachian Trial goes by the campground and the camp store is a way station. Nice little cafe in there as well.
    Oh! Make sure you get online and get reservations early. It fills up fast. The bathrooms were wonderful last time I was there. Hot showers worked on quarters. There is a laundry. (I just read you have Fed passes - that works for Skyline fee).

Another campground (need early reservations) is Cunningham Falls. It's very near Beckley's RV. There's a great little restaurant a little bit north of Cunningham Falls going towards the Caverns. GREAT food.
    Ratkity said:
    Even if you don't want to camp that weekend we are congregating, it's worth the drive to come around and check out the campers and folks! Always lots of extra chairs (and food... did I mention food?). 
    @Ratkity You had me at food.  ;)  No, I think it sounds like a lot of fun.  I asked for approval for the group and I'll look at dates.  We pick up our T@B in about two weeks.
    lino said:
    If you have not been to here yet I recommend Shenandoah National Park
    We go there often
    @lino:  We haven't camped there yet but out of the parks I've been to on the East Coast, it's my favorite.  I'm looking forward to camping and doing more hiking there.
    It's like Christmas!!!! :joy:
    One of our favorites - Big Meadows campground. Haven't been back in several years and need to correct that!
    @Travelin3D:  I just looked at pictures and it looks beautiful.  I love Shenandoah. 
    edited June 2018
    Ratkity said:
    Big Meadows is GREAT. Some of the sites are sorta hard to level a trailer on. They tried to pave them or tamp them all down and may be better now. It's boondock only, so make sure battery is topped off and water tank is filled. No coolers outside. The deer are very unafraid of people!! lol. My old Golden Retrievers were dumbfounded. There is a fee to get on the Skyway parkway (don't know what it is now). Senior passes are great (I'm not old enough yet). The Appalachian Trial goes by the campground and the camp store is a way station. Nice little cafe in there as well.
    @Ratkity:  Thanks for the great info!  We hope to do some boondocking on our christening trip to some of the New England states.  Fingers crossed all goes well.

Yes, we do have the ATB pass for military but the perk of the senior pass is that you can get up to 50% off some campsites, too.
  • RogerLRogerL Member Posts: 24
    Another Marylander here! We picked up our 2018 CS-S in March and have been out twice so far; our maiden voyage to Greenbrier State Park in MD, and a trip to Greenwood Furnace State Park in PA. 
    2018 T@B 320CS-S, 2018 GMC Canyon SLT
    Urbana, MD
    RogerL said:
    Another Marylander here! We picked up our 2018 CS-S in March and have been out twice so far; our maiden voyage to Greenbrier State Park in MD, and a trip to Greenwood Furnace State Park in PA. 
    Hi, @RogerL.  It's great to see fellow Marylanders here.  We haven't been to either of those locations yet.  There are so many great parks and public lands around--we can't wait to check them out.  Our first trip is definitely going to break us in.  We're going to pick up our T@B in NC, drop the kiddo off to Ohio to visit family, then head up to some New England states.  It would have been nice to have a "soft christening" but this is when my husband could take a larger chunk of time off so we decided to go big.  I'm crossing my fingers that we don't have any major issues.  -Paige
    We went to Greenbrier this past weekend
    Had a nice site and hiked to Annapolis rocks

Tjsnks for the recommendation 
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    edited July 2018
    Ratkity said:

Welcome to the forum!! 
    Ratkity, I'm a member of Tearjerkers also, (Georgia, Alabama chapter). I will keep an eye out at the 2019 Chesapeake gatherings, and make a point to attend at least one!! (Just looked at the rest of the 2018 gatherings, but already have lots of plans for the rest of this year)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • StrikeMikeStrikeMike Member Posts: 7
    Hello, iamherefornow! Welcome to the forum! Cheers!
    Hi, @StrikeMike!  Thanks.  We've been out on two trips now and we love our teardrop.