Options

T@B speakers

I'm not terribly pleased with the sound from the stock speakers in my 2014 T@B.  I know you can't expect too much from the Jensen radio/CD/DVD unit which is underpowered, but  has anyone upgraded to better sounding speakers and if so what make/model speaker?  Are you pleased with any improvement in sound quality?  Are the stock speakers 5 or 5.25 inch?  Looking for advice before investing in an ineffective fix.

Comments

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    I can't seem to find it, but there was a post in recent times, that did have a link to a photo of a T@B being built and the boxes for the speakers were in the photo. From what I recall, they pretty well entry level and are a simple paper cone design. I have also been thinking that upgrading to better coaxial speakers with good suspension as it will really help with the frequency response and overall efficiency. Also given that the Jensen supports three sets of speakers, I am not sure why they would not install small surface mount tweeters under the cabinets at the front in the "S" models, just to better fill out the sound.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk 
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    I just use a good Bluetooth speaker - Can listen inside or take it out.
  • Options
    KiddydocKiddydoc Member Posts: 15
    Just finished replacing the stock speakers with Kicker DSC5's.  They were under $50 a pair on Amazon.  They fit perfectly in the existing holes.  Simple matter of splicing the new connecting wires with terminal to the old.  I had to redrill holes for the mounting screws so that the Kicker emblem was oriented correctly (optional).  The sound improvement is well worth the investment, they even pump out a little bass.  The sound is cleaner and much fuller.
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,394
    Kiddydoc said:
    Just finished replacing the stock speakers with Kicker DSC5's.  They were under $50 a pair on Amazon.  They fit perfectly in the existing holes.  Simple matter of splicing the new connecting wires with terminal to the old.  I had to redrill holes for the mounting screws so that the Kicker emblem was oriented correctly (optional).  The sound improvement is well worth the investment, they even pump out a little bass.  The sound is cleaner and much fuller.

Thanks for following up what you did. I might do that at some point. I don't need top of the line but would like a little better quality.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014