Options

FW tank capacity

JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
Hi All, 

Another glorious week of Tabbing. No issues, no problems. 

While prepping for for this trip, decided to sanitize the FW tank and came across this observation. In the past, when filling the tank to overflowing, and the See level gauge never reading more than 76%, and never getting more than 3 days of camping out of it, decided to raise the front of the Tab to the max. Added another 3 gallons to the tank. See level showed 94%. At day four we still showed 50%. 

So if you’re going to travel with water, suggest cranking up the tongue when filling to get the tank all the way full. 

Happy glamping. 
2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    That’s interesting.  We fill level and are able to add 11 gallons.  Wonder how much more we can add nose up?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I can get my FW tank to 100%...  Many folks think that the tank is full when the tank is in effect, "burping" as we call it.  Water blows back out as air is escaping, etc.  The key here is to let the tank settle down, continue adding water in and do so until it starts to overflow out the side of the trailer.  

I took a 5 gallon water jug, added an entry hose for the FW fill point and stick the hose into the inlet and am able to completely fill the FW tank this way.  As noted earlier, burp the T@B, let it settle down and fill the FW tank until water can be seen overflowing from the fill inlet.  That should get you up to 100% with your SeeLevel ll gauge.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    JanandDaveJanandDave Member Posts: 119
    edited July 2018
    Fully aware of the need to fill slowly and let it burp.  

After sanitizing, drained and filled the tank to overflowing three times to flush out the bleach solution. Even though the tank seemed full, I could hear the sloshing as I stood in the kitchen and rocked the trailer. That’s when I decided to raise the tongue and added more water. When full again there was no more sloshing when rocking. 

Also noticed I could fill it faster with a lot less burping with the tongue raised. 

Our See level gauge was installed by the former owner, and I recall him saying it was a pain to get the sensor in the right position. That might explain why I’ve never seen 100%.

2016 T@B 320 Max S  "T@BsentMinded"
    2009 Subaru Outback R 3.0
    2022 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Yeah, that makes sense.  Your sensor is probably mounted higher than the position nuCamp uses.  Try filling and measuring the amount you pour.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio