Options

Replace fiberglass pole on Pahaque XL Visor, awesome customer service!

A fiberglass pole on my Pahaque XL Visor split while at TABAZONA at Lake Pleasant.  They returned my call on Monday and I had the new pole Tuesday!  Thanks Pahaque and Mike for the awesome service!!
Tow with a 2016 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2016 T@B CS-S Max

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Awesome.  I have to do the same thing.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Me to - Got Mikes contact number? Had it once, now can't find it.
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Ok, PXL, Just for you: 858-748-3762 There 'ya go!  =)
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
  • Options
    Any time! See, I'm not such a bad guy! :D
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    Verna, Michigan_Mike, Cyclonic, or PXLated, Kinda brings up a question here: I know quite a few folks have wanted the Paha Que phone # from time to time in the past, is there a way we could put a link here to that info for those in need of it &/or the forgetful ones?
    Spokane, Wa.

• Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    I've had several poles split on me, in both the visor and awning.  I have to send them back at my expense, though they will replace them for me and ship them back for free.  Am I missing something here?  I have been in conversation for 3 weeks without much resolution.
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    I never had to send them back if split. I took a picture with a tape measure next to it to show how long it was and email. One was mailed post haste!! Great service.
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    gooseladygooselady Member Posts: 177
    Well, cool, but how did you replace the pole?
  • Options
    They tell you how to replace it. In a nutshell, you pull the rubber/plastic tip off the end, untie the knot in the bungie shock cord in the first pole and pull poles out one-by-one (number poles with masking tape if you want to), put new pole in the section you need, and start putting other poles back. Then retie the knot and put plastic tip back. It's easier to pull the bungie cord if all the poles are fitted in each other instead of pulled and folded together. 
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    Ok, how do you get the chord thru that hole thru the pole - Don't you have to put some kind of snake thru and then pull it thru?
  • Options
    I didn't have any trouble threading the cord through the poles if they are connected so the cord isn't stretched. If the cord end is frayed, you can put masking tape (just one rotation) around the end like a shoelace. 
  • Options
    Ahhhh - figured I'have to get a hanger or long knitting needle.
  • Options
    dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    This is what they told me.  With the pole all connected I separated it at the broken section.  With it separated I put a vise grip on the cord at that point so it would not shrink back into the last pole.  I then pulled off the black rubber cap and cut the knot off. I removed the sections needed to remove the broken section.  While holding the cord I released the vise grip and stretched the cord long enough so I could feed it through the new section and all the ones I removed. I then reattached the vise grip at the last section and feed it through the new and removed sections.  After threading it through that last section I tied a double knot and with a fire starter I melted the end of the cord to keep it from fraying.  Then release the vise grip and you're done.  It sounds more difficult than it is!

• Options
    dinzzydinzzy Member Posts: 180
    I found (2) broken fiber glass sections in my T@B XL Visor and (2) more cracking.  One phone call is all it took to get (4) new sections sent my way.  Great customer service!!

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,486
    PahaQue has great customer service.  We purchased a tent that was not quite right.  They made a new skirt using our Tab measurements.  Fits much better.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio