Options

magnetic strip on shower door broke and fell out

KatsKats Member Posts: 95
Should I just crazy glue it back in place? It broke near the top and the whole strip just slid out the bottom.

Comments

• Options
    gbellgbell Member Posts: 88
    Call Elsie, she helped me when mine fell out. There is a small clip at the top and bottom of the door that holds it in. If you look carefully you might find it near the door track, and fix it.  i did. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Shoe Goo will hold it in place. Shoe Goo can be found in the shoe department at Walmart on an end aisle display. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    I love the T@B, but there do seem to some common maladies we all deal with in the first year or two.  @ChaseTheLight mentioned ways of improving the initial experience, by maybe getting a few manufacturing processes changed.  Additionally maybe one of the stickies at the top of the forum could be a single thread with the bath door magnet, foam bits in FW tank, and some of the other common quirks and their remedies.  Or not... the search feature works well too.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @DougH, we have discussed such a discussion, but the biggest problem is that no one really notices the announcements after a few days, so it does no good on a long term basis. 

We did a revamp of the categories last year, we made better titles to better explain the content of the discussion, and we try to move discussions to the correct category as needed. 

There will never be a one answer for everything on the forum, but we do try to make sure the discussion contain valid information. 

I have good luck with the one word search, while others use the Google search string.  I normally try to have the members use the search feature because they can find the best answer for them, plus they will learn more by reading some of the other discussions that come up. 

Just some of the thought processes that your Admins and Moderators go through to make the forum a great place for information. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    It is indeed a great place, and thank you (et.al.) for your thoughtful moderation!

2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    There are a lot of common problems, we had to glue that shower door thingy too.  I can only imagine the issues lesser campers have, because you can tell our T@bs are good quality.

All companies experience these things when they grow quickly (even Toyota). At least we have these forums to figure things out!  And Nucamp does stand behind their product.  We're second owners yet they've treated us more than fair.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• Options
    FreshaireFreshaire Member Posts: 97
    @Kats, my shower magnetic strip fell out too.  I didn't know how I could keep it in the track with glue, thinking the weight of it would be too heavy before the glue dried, so I drilled a small hole in the bottom of the track and put a small screw in.  The door closes fine and I don't have to worry about it ever again.
    2015 T@b 320S Maxx Outback, aka "Alie Cat"
    TV:  2012 Honda Ridgeline

Alice
    Crozet, VA
  • Options
    newellnewell Member Posts: 182
    gbell said:
    Call Elsie, she helped me when mine fell out. There is a small clip at the top and bottom of the door that holds it in. If you look carefully you might find it near the door track, and fix it.  i did. 
    gbell is right.  The same thing happened to ours and I just happened to find that little clip on the floor the next day.  About the size of a square pea.   

Earl & Sue | Central NY |
    2017 T@B 320S | TV: Chevy Silverado
  • Options
    mrlynch1953mrlynch1953 Member Posts: 40
    My strip slipped out as well  I did notice the clip but the problem with my door is that somehow the weight of the door had caused it to sit crooked and it was rubbing off the sealer strip along the bottom.  That strip was all chewed up so my shower door had a few problems and i had the dealer re-set it.  They reinstalled the vertical strip in the slot when they repaired the door.