Options

Shower leak question, Sorry if redundant,

Sorry if this is posted here already. I’m new to forum and trying to find the right place for this question. 

I’ve had my T@B 400 under 2 weeks. There was a drip in the shower upon pick up that my dealer assured me was just water dripping from shower test. This turns out to be incorrect. The shower leaked behind the wall soaking into the closet, the floor, and the bed frame. I bought this camper specifically for the materials they use and the craftsmanship of the wood work. I’m a contractor (management not hands on) and these are the details I geek out on. I’m concerned that if my dealer does wood repairs they will not be thorough, will not be the same materials and it’ll never meet my high standard again. I dried it out right away but I know that the wood will delaminate prematurely from this and the floor is compromised. Has anyone else had a wood damage warranty claim? Who did your repairs, dealer or NuCamp? How was it handled? What was the end result?

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    They certainly stand behind their products!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    MotherrabbitMotherrabbit Member Posts: 6
    They really do. While I wish I wasn’t in this situation since the kids are about to go back to school, I chose Nucamp knowing that RV’s can have problems, nobody’s perfect and how a manufacturer addresses issues is the most important “feature” you can shop for. I’m so glad I chose Nucamp, I can’t imagine another manufacturer would have been so quick to solve this well. I doubt I’ll ever choose anyone else.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Congratulations @Motherrabbit! I’m sorry you had a leak and that the dealer didn’t recognize it. NuCamp is just the best! Enjoy what’s left of your summer!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    PamandJohnUpNorth2PamandJohnUpNorth2 Member Posts: 141
    That is great news! Kudos and props to Nucamp for such superior consumer support!

Pam and John
    Champlin, Minnesota
    2018 T@B400 and a 2018 Ridgeline 

• Options
    maddmikemaddmike Member Posts: 137
    How to I check to make sure I don't have this leak? I havent seen anything but I want to be sure. I also have a '19 400.
  • Options
    MotherrabbitMotherrabbit Member Posts: 6
    You would probably hear and see a drip inside the shower. You could open access panel in the closet and look at plumbing in the wall to the right. Check for wetness or water on that wall and floor. That’s where earliest sign would be. I’m sure they resolved any vulnerability in the latest runs so I bet you’re good. It’s always smart to peek at plumbing though to be safe.
  • Options
    MNtabernacleMNtabernacle Member Posts: 19
    We've experienced the same failure on our 400. Along with a noisy water pump, I assumed some connections were shaken loose and noticed a wet floor in the pump compartment. We haven't seen too much moisture/damage, but will keep an eye on it. Kudos to Elk River RV for getting it in quick and taking care of business. As well as tightening the shower connections, they wrapped some of the plumbing in foam to take care of the pump resonance.
    Tim & Joan, Anoka Minnesota
    Silver on Silver 2018 T@B 400, 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    All 21 T@B 400’s here at üCamp18 we’re given the preventive maintenance upgrade of the shower modification. We should all be good to go. 

Any questions, please call the Warranty Department at nüCamp (see contact numbers on the left), or email warranty@nucamprv.com.  

Sorry, I was not here when the upgrade was made, so I cannot answer questions about how to perform the upgrade. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Verna said:
    All 21 T@B 400’s here at üCamp18 we’re given the preventive maintenance upgrade of the shower modification. We should all be good to go. 

Any questions, please call the Warranty Department at nüCamp (see contact numbers on the left), or email warranty@nucamprv.com.  

Sorry, I was not here when the upgrade was made, so I cannot answer questions about how to perform the upgrade. 
    I observed workers climbing up on the 400s and removing and reinstalling the roof vents over the bathrooms. I don’t know what they did but I believe this was to deal with a potential roof leak. It sounds like the OP had a different issue. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    @Photomom, Marvin told what they were doing inside, plus there was water on my team floor mat, so I know they worked inside. I am not aware of what they did on the outside. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    Verna said:
    @Photomom, Marvin told what they were doing inside, plus there was water on my team floor mat, so I know they worked inside. I am not aware of what they did on the outside. 
    Sounds like a couple things. From my campsite I saw only the outside activities.
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    @Verna - I thought that your inside work was done on the production line? There was more to do?
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD

• Options
    @NorthIsUp, yes there was a fix and after investigating it more, a better way to fx the leak was introduced. So mine was fixed twice. I consider it to be preventative maintenance, and that is a good thing. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Other 400 owners told me they had the shower preventitive upgrade done at uCamp. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NorthIsUpNorthIsUp Member Posts: 170
    Thank you @Verna and @jkjenn. Like Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "If it's not one thing...."  For me, it's also the Fantastic fan lid being stuck in the locked position. The swivel lock won't budge. You're in good hands with yours. We'll deal with it. Thanks for the info. 
    Jean & Arnie  No. Nevada
    2019 T@B 400 BL
    2021 Toyota Sequoia 4WD