Options

Deleting Post Drafts

jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
Is anyone else having trouble deleting their drafts? I've now tried on an ancient ipad mini, a brand new iPad2, and a middle-aged MacBookPro. When I select a draft, it opens instantly, giving me no time to use the right corner X to delete it.
John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,496
    I have run into that problem, Judi.  I can’t remember what I did to make it work except to sneak up on it!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Thanks Sharon, just knowing it can be done gave me new resolve and faster efforts.

• Options
    PhotomomPhotomom Member Posts: 2,217
    I have not found a way to do it. 
    John and Henrietta, Late 2016 T@B S Max in Western New York
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    On a Mac and PC, I select "My Drafts" from the menu in the upper left (I only see it when I actually have a draft saved.)
    Clicking that brings me to a list of my drafts. If I hover over one--but don't actually select it--a black x appears in the upper right corner. Click the x and the draft goes poof.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @ScottG , thank you for this post........I had no idea it was there.  I found a post that I wrote out once in the past and it had disappeared.  I knew I had saved it as a draft, but had no idea where to find it.  Spent a bunch of time re-typing the post.  Now I know where to go if that ever happens again.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    @ScottG Are you hovering with a mouse? On the iPad, I had to almost touch the spot where the X would be appearing only after I touched the words, then actually touch the X and words simultaneously. It required multiple efforts on some of them. But they’re good and gone now. Thanks all!

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,428
    @Bayless, you are welcome. Glad it helped!
    @jgram2, yes, I am hovering in with a mouse, and it works the same way with a track pad. However, from what you describe, it appears to be a little more challenging with a touch screen (such as on an iPad). I'm not real hip, so I generally work with a mouse and keyboard.  :-/
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    @ScottG -- thanks for this!  I was just now trying to delete one and couldn't figure it out.  Following your instructions, I found I had several drafts to remove!  
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    berggerbergger Moderator Posts: 1,006
    Thanks! I've been wondering how to do that for some time now!
    2021 T@b 400 BD  "Vixen Gail" 
    2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X "Big Bird"
    Leadville Colorado
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    Thanks @ScottG. Just deleted a bunch of drafts.

'Liberate the bytes'  :)

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022