Options

Factory Tour

RogerLRogerL Member Posts: 24
We're starting to make 2020 travel plans and one of our trips (Michigan's Upper Peninsula) will take us past the factory. For those who have visited, how long does the tour take, and are reservations required or can we just show up?
2018 T@B 320CS-S, 2018 GMC Canyon SLT
Urbana, MD

Comments

• Options
    linolino Member Posts: 226
    The tour took us about an hour

They told us tours usually started at 10 AM and 1 PM

But also said they were flexible 

We just showed up at 10
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,497
    Call and ask.  For some reason I think you don’t need a reservation.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    asajasaj Member Posts: 2
    We went last week, and it took an hour tops...kind of depends on how many questions you ask.  We had scheduled ours ahead of time, and she said they are normaly at 10am and 1pm.  When we arrived there were 4 other people there, and the woman at the desk asked if we minded that they tour with us.  Of course we said we did not mind, but apparently those people just came in without scheduling in advance.

It was apparent during the tour that the other people did not really know anything about nuCamp, or their campers...and that they did not have any intention of buying one any time soon.  The tour guide was awesome though, and at the end of the tour he spent another 15 minutes talking to me and answering any questions I had (I asked about the AC issues being reported).  By this time the other 4 people had left, and as my wife and I were getting ready to leave, the woman working at the desk said she had some gifts for us and gave us each a coffee mug.  I am guessing we got them because we scheduled in advance, or maybe they just gave them to us because we were sincerely interested in their campers.  Either way, the tour was worth the trip, and it definitely sealed the deal for us getting a T@b.  It's obvious that the company cares, and the culture there was great.
  • Options
    rbtxrbtx Member Posts: 24
    Sounds like a great tour. Was there any new info on the AC issues with the current 400?
  • Options
    asajasaj Member Posts: 2
    rbtx said:
    Sounds like a great tour. Was there any new info on the AC issues with the current 400?
    When I brought it up, he knew exactly what I was talking about, and it was obvious that nuCamp was upset about the issue.  He said they have been working on various solutions, but he did not have any solid information yet.  Regardless, the concern he showed about it just further cemented my decision to go with a nuCamp trailer.  I have heard from many people that they have stood behind their products, and have gone above and beyond to make things right for people.  Personally, I am willing to pay more for that level of service.  It also helps that I am relatively close to them, for any service needs.