Options

Carpet on roof of a Dutchman 2010

clkellerclkeller Member Posts: 46
Over the last couple years i noticed the carpet has like air bubbles or pockets were the glue has let go I guess any way to fix it or should I just leave it

Comments

• Options
    Lisa33Lisa33 Member Posts: 260
    I think I remember reading somewhere about someone using a needle and syringe to inject glue in the bubbles.  I thought that was genius.
    Lisa. 2008 T@DA, previously 2012 6x10 SS. Southeastern PA
  • Options
    meklofmeklof Member Posts: 14
    My T@B dealer suggested using a syringe for horses (large) but then she is located in horse country.
    I also remember seeing someone adding strips of wood across the ceiling in an older T@B.
    I wonder if you could add a small ceiling light to one of the strips similar to the light in the new LG T@Bs?
    Michael & Claudia T@B -Q 2006 
    San Rafael, CA
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    In those types of situations, my father always used a big hypodermic needle and glue. I always considered my dad to be the ultimate handyman. Gotta use something fast setting so you can squirt and hold in place until it sets though.
  • Options
    clkellerclkeller Member Posts: 46
    Thank you everyone Iam going to try this right away
  • Options
    RatkityRatkity Member Posts: 3,770
    If you can't find a needle and syringe at a farm supply, you can always go to the kitchen section in a store and find an injector for marinade (a little big, but the glue will close the hole).
    2017 820R Retro Toy Hauler from 2015 Tabitha T@B from 2009 Reverse LG Teardrop (but a T@Bluver at heart)
  • Options
    FuzzyYanniFuzzyYanni Member Posts: 110
    edited September 2016
    Ours has this too. I am betting the installer either ran out of ceiling glue and use floor glue (linoleum) for the ceiling carpet or swapped out the ceiling glue for another glue by mistake.
    There is absolutely no way in hell the glue would fail this consistently and spectacularly. 
    "I know one thing, I know nothing."