Options

Good resource for model feature comparison?

Hi, this seems like such a great Community! I'm excited to be doing research toward buying a used camper. I have searched around and the best thing I could find for comparing models and features is the nucamp website. Is there something with a more concise summary of the different model features?
tia!
2018 T@B 400

Comments

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @SeaLaVie :

Princess Craft and Mandy Lea have both done a few YouTube videos comparing the models.

Example:

https://youtu.be/zFM5gfcLrsQ

...on the T@B evolution.  She has another on the TAG series. 

That's if you prefer watching videos.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    Here’s a list put together by @Sharon_is_SAM of model year changes and information from others. Personally, I’d look for a 2018 with a single drain set up for both the black and grey tanks were I looking today. https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/124689#Comment_124689
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 734
    If you get a model that has the double drain set-up you can always have someone convert it to a single dump.

2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • Options
    gandegande Member Posts: 91
    I’m curious as to the advantage of having a single drain. 
    gande

2018 T@b 400
    2019 Ram 1500 crew cab / 5.7 V8
  • Options
    Time and fuss. You only need to hook up the sewer hose once. Doesn’t sound like a big deal, but spending less time in mud, grass or gravel around a dump station is a big plus.

• Options
    SeaLaVieSeaLaVie Member Posts: 46
    edited November 2019
    Thanks everyone those links were very helpful in clarifying the various models and options!
    2018 T@B 400
  • Options
    @SeaLaVie three last things, others will correct me if I’m wrong-the Nücamp production year starts in around April, so 2020s were available by May of 2019. 2021 models will start on the line in April of 2020 AND in years prior to 2019, I think design changed through out the production line. So you’ll find 2018s with two dump valves, for instance. Lastly, a significant number of members have customized their orders, A design modification may turn into the standard design on a later model. So! You might find just what you’re looking for either at a dealer or in a private sale! Have fun looking!

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I expect to see the 2021 models being produced in January 2020.  This is a change from past years. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,500
    @Verna, will this continue going forward?  New models always available in January?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I can only verify this for the 2021 models. 

It actually makes sense for nüCamp to do this. They shut down for two weeks at Christmas until New Years so why not have the “retooling” for the new models done at this time. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @Verna Do you know how many production lines Nücamp runs simultaneously? Have they completed a new building? Are the current trailers/campers the Avia, Cirrus, 320 CS, vanilla 320, 320 Boondock, 400 Boondock Lite? Tag, Tag Boondock, Soon to be the Barefoot. Are there other models I’m missing?

• Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    gande said:
    I’m curious as to the advantage of having a single drain. 
    jgram2 said:
    Time and fuss. You only need to hook up the sewer hose once. Doesn’t sound like a big deal, but spending less time in mud, grass or gravel around a dump station is a big plus.
    I think it depends on the individual. Sure, if I had my druthers I'd prefer a single drain, but for what little time I spend at dump stations, retrofitting my 2015 is hardly worth the trouble as far as I'm concerned. It certainly wouldn't be a deal breaker on an otherwise perfect used T@B. YMMV.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    We have a 2018 Tab 400 which has a single 4” drain with a pullout handle for gray water and another for black water. Are you saying that some T@B trailers have two 4” outlets, one for gray and one for black, and you have to move the sewer drain hose from one to the other?
    gande

2018 T@b 400
  • Options
    ScottGScottG Administrator Posts: 5,427
    gande said:
    We have a 2018 Tab 400 which has a single 4” drain with a pullout handle for gray water and another for black water. Are you saying that some T@B trailers have two 4” outlets, one for gray and one for black, and you have to move the sewer drain hose from one to the other?
    You got it. The single drain wasn't incorporated until later models. A few clever owners--I think @Dalehelman built the prototype--made this mod themselves.
    2015 T@B S

• Options
    That would certainly be inconvenient but not a deal breaker for me if I were looking at purchasing an RV. 
    gande

2018 T@b 400
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Verna said:
    I expect to see the 2021 models being produced in January 2020.  This is a change from past years. 
    They stated that in the 2021 prototype video, as it is a major redesign of the 320.

The 400 may still be on the April schedule, as that was not a major redesign.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    jgram2 said:
    @Verna Do you know how many production lines Nücamp runs simultaneously? Have they completed a new building? Are the current trailers/campers the Avia, Cirrus, 320 CS, vanilla 320, 320 Boondock, 400 Boondock Lite? Tag, Tag Boondock, Soon to be the Barefoot. Are there other models I’m missing?
    From the factory tours I've been on...

There is a T@B 320 line which produces all 320 models.

There is a T@G line which produces all T@G models

There is a T@B 400 line which produces all 400 models

There is a Cirrus line which produces all the truck camper models.

There is an Avia line, which produces all Avia configurations (although not sure if there are different Avia options).

No Barefoot line yet, still in US prototyping.

It's all about the size of the unit they are producing. The conveyer system is custom built for the size and weight of each of the major brands. Different models of that "size" unit on the same line. Each unit has a build sheet, and they pull the appropriate parts for each unit from the build sheet as it comes to their station.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Thanks @Mouseketab!