Options

Seven-Way Wiring Color Schemes

I found these Seven-Way wire color scheme charts on e-Trailer.com and thought I would post them here in the event it is useful to others.  They  were of interest to me, because although I knew that wire colors are often not consistent in trailer wiring, I did not understand why my tow vehicle receptacle has a slightly different color scheme than my T@B 320S.  Turns out that my 2007 Toyota Tundra receptacle uses the "Traditional" wiring scheme, while my T@B 320S (and presumably, all T@B models) plug uses the "RV Standard" wiring scheme.  The electrical connections between the tow vehicle and trailer are the same, regardless of the wire colors, but it is nice to know how the colors line up when troubleshooting Seven-Way wiring issues.  I also like the charts, because they show both the interior and exterior views of the receptacle and plug wiring connections.

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
(Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)