Options

No power to Alde

Comments

• Options
    RebarRebar Member Posts: 29
    Our Alde stopped working. It is acting as if it is not getting power.  I checkec all the fuses, including the 2 fuses located on the top of the Alde and they all look fine.  I ran a cross a post (cannnot remember where) that said if the glycol level gets low, the Alde will not function.  Has anyone run into this, and did topping off the glycol resolve the problem?
    2014 T@B Model Q - Silver/Black Towed with 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Orange) Live in Denver, Colorado "Bad decisions usually make for really good stories!"
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    edited April 2015

Rebar said:
    Our Alde stopped working. It is acting as if it is not getting power.  I checkec all the fuses, including the 2 fuses located on the top of the Alde and they all look fine.  I ran a cross a post (cannnot remember where) that said if the glycol level gets low, the Alde will not function.  Has anyone run into this, and did topping off the glycol resolve the problem?

I think @PXLated either @DurangoTaB might have run into this?

@Rebar, shore power or propane only? Is propane only, what is your battery level?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    I didn't see in the manual that low glycol shuts it down. But then don't believe me, 
    http://www.alde.se/usa/support/manuals-downloads/manuals/

Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    It doesn't run on shore power, or on LP.  Battery is new, and fully charged.  I hear no click when turning on the switches, and dialing up the thermostat.  No red light.  Just silence.  Fuses are good too.  Wondering if it is the control unit, or perhaps the mother board.  I saw a post (not sure if it was on this forum), that someone had similar problem and it was the motherboard.

I also gotta say, this is the BEST forum ever!  You all are wonderful help, and so responsive.  I'm really enjoying being a part of this community.   :)
    2014 T@B Model Q - Silver/Black Towed with 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Orange) Live in Denver, Colorado "Bad decisions usually make for really good stories!"
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Can you post a pic of how you have the control panel set?

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    edited April 2015
    Check at the Alde system and make sure the thermostat is plugged in tight - You have to open a panel as I recall. If it's plugged in ok, it could be a bad thermostat (I had to replace mine).
    You could try the emergency start procedure, I think that bypasses the thermostat.

I don't think the glycol level would affect the running - low glycol level just wouldn't heat efficiently and you may get an air lock if too low.
  • Options
    I spoke with Joe at Alde.  He said that low glycol will not prevent the Alde from starting up.  He did say, however, that air in the lines can cause the system to shut down, as when the air pocket hits the heating element, it will tend to overheat the air, andthe Alde system can sense the overheating, and will shut down.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Rebar - good to know.
    do you have contact info for Alde? Tried to test my new digital thermostat and keep getting an error.
  • Options
    (877) 860-9814  Erin is the receptionist, and there are two guys that are the techie folks.  I spoke with Joe and he is very knowledgeable and a good troubleshooter.  They are in Washington state in the pacific time zone.  I think their office hours are 8-4, pacific.  I did have trouble getting them to call me back, but kept trying.  Be persistent, and best of luck!