Does your Alde hold at temperature other than set point?

I’m wondering if anyone else experiences what I noticed tonight.  I brought our trailer (2019 T@B 400 BDL) home from storage this evening to prepare for a weekend camping trip.  When I finished the set up in the driveway, I turned on the Alde (3020) and noted the inside temperature read 53 on the Alde monitor.  I set the temp to 65 and left for about an hour. The Alde was running off shore power.  The outside temp was probably in the mid to upper 40s at that time.  When I returned, the inside temperature now read 73 degrees.   After about an hour or so tinkering around on other things, the temp still read 72, so I figured that was where it was trying to hold.  So, my question is whether your Alde does the same, and not hold at the set temperature, but rather at some level higher than the set point?  Ours seems to be at about +7 degrees or so.  Is there some way to fix that?  I know there’s an offset setting in the menu, but I think that is just to calibrate the overall accuracy of the current temp reading, not to offset the set point from the measured inside temp.  Can anyone shed light? Thx.  
Alan & Natalie       McKinney, TX
nüCamp:  2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
TV: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk 4x4    

Dream big... work hard... never give up.

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @ADRawli I have the Alde 3010 in my 320S. I have the opposite issue where I set the thermostat higher to get more heat, then back it down once it’s at a comfortable temp. I’m pretty sure there’s some way to make adjustments to it, I just haven’t stopped to read up and do it. No clue with yours other than to set it lower than you need it maybe? Good luck!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,461
    @ADRawli, I would suggest first checking your Alde display temperature reading against another thermometer, then adjust the Alde display to reflect a more accurate temperature.  Radiators will continue to give off heat after the boiler turns off, which is why the Alde can easily heat the TaB until it is too warm - especially in milder temperatures, without wind where the TaB is not leaking excess heat.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 79
    All of you Alde wizards work hard at getting the thing perfect.  I would just set the temp 7 degrees cooler than I really want it to be!
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    I noticed two other thermometers were reading 2 degrees higher than the Alde temp display, so I bumped the offset to match.  We have only done three trips so far, but I have not noticed the Alde overshooting or undershooting the set point temperature more than 1 degree.
  • N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I basically set till if feels comfortable regardless of what the setting says. It isn't super accurate being next to the door and an outside wall, sun and shade can affect the reading alot.

2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Sharon_is_SAM do you know where the Alde thermostat is actually located? Is it on the control panel edge somewhere? I’ve got the 3010 digital display. I’ve got a thermometer to the left of the AC, and it and the Alde stated temps are never the same. That’s why I set it high and work my way down when I’m warm enough. Thanks!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • BrianZBrianZ Member Posts: 1,763
    We have the Alde 3010 model, and I recently took @Sharon_is_SAM's advice to deal with this issue by calibrating the Alde thermometer with an external one mounted nearby on the same wall.

I put together the following page showing the pertinent parts of the Alde manual addressing this procedure, including a few notes of my own.  The temperature offset  adjustment can be found on the tools menu..

Note that if you press the menu button, it takes you to the settings menu (at lower right above) where you set the desired temp.  When we want to see what the Alde thinks is the current room temp, we simply press on the blank display to see its current temp reading as in the lower left above & photo of our screen below..

Our own thermometer on the wall was showing 52.5°, so our offset was fine to give an accurate thermometer reading.
    Below is our offset setting screen (selected from setting icon labeled #7 in the manual page at green arrow above)..

You simply adjust the offset up or down until your Alde temp matches your reference thermometer.
    -Brian in Chester, Virginia
    TV: 2005 Toyota Sienna LE (3.3L V6)
    RV: 2018 T@B 320S, >100 mods 
    @Homebodyatheart, the thermostat is within the display.  That’s why if you crack the fan vent and the driver side window, you can get a draft across the display and that keep your Alde going continuously.  We now vent the front window and it seems to prevent waking up sweaty!
  • johnfconwayjohnfconway Member Posts: 291
    edited August 2021
    Is the Alde 3020 cabin temperature sensor inside the wall programming unit?
    We bring along a basic LaCrosse weather station so we know what is going on outside. Typically dangle the outdoor sensor under picnic table top or deep in shade of bushes. LaCrosse indoor sensor is within readout unit and it sits at the back of kitchen countertop. The LaCrosse indoor agrees with alarm clock temperature sensor in the cubby by the bed. Alde temperature readout is always +9 degrees. To get a little early morning heat we have to set Alde temperature to 7 or 8 degrees higher than the 64 degrees we're shooting for.
    Has anyone else done the internal adjustment detailed in posting two up from this one? Has it made the needed adjustment over time? Thank you!
    2020 T@B 400 BDL towed with 2019 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X  Silver City, NM
  • atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Alde has an remote sensor with about 6 feet of lead.  It plugs into the back of the thermostat.  I mounted it in the counter face just below the counter top beside the round cabinet door for the sink.  Now the Alde senses the temp at counter height not at the top of the cabin.  I now get a much more realistic temp Reading.  Also relocated the thermostat for the cool cat to about 57 inches from the floor over by the closet door.  More accurate now also.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
    We did the adjustment a while back.  Just reset it to -6 to correlate with our MaxAirr remote reading and our other thermometer.  We’ll see how it holds up.