Options

Solar Panel Controller by Flexcharge

Has anyone used a Flexcharge NC25A-12 charge controller for solar panel set ups?   It is made in the  USA!!!!  Uses a pulse type charging algorithm to charge the battery.
2019 T@B 320S

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,649
    Impressive, but seems to be overkill for a simple solar setup.  There appear to be many options you might never use.

Here is the link if anyone else wants to check it out.

2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    edited December 2019
    @grassgd ; The search feature says this forum hasn't mentioned it before.

Nucamp uses Victron (also USA) (Oops... Netherlands) brand controllers, and I've personally used a couple PWM and several different MPPT controller brands (MorningStar, WindyNation, Epever) over the years.  I read the Amazon description of the Flexcharge, and I'm not sure what kind it is.

In a thread here with me begging for more juice from my 300W panels, several other forum members recommended Victron, and I've been very pleased with the results. You can set the max current to your battery bank with Victron.  More importantly, Victron routinely puts 10-15A into our battery bank where our previous controllers only would do around 6A.  That low of a limit is kind of silly when you're pulling out 50A to run the air conditioner.

But we have several solar experts on the forum, and maybe one of the gurus will share if they've ever installed a Flexcharge brand system.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    Pretty sure that victron is based out of the netherlands.     Regardless do a bang up job.     Looks like 10 year old tech.   
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods