2019 Santa Gifts = = Stolen from "Slim Potatohead"

MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580
edited December 2019 in Products and Accessories
Background:
Have found the "Slim Potatohead" youtube channel very enjoyable. Actually started my small trailer shopping for an A-Liner due to his wonderful travel & modification videos . . . lucky for me my A-Liner Dealer also stocked T@Bs :)

Two Solar Powered Lights (Lamps):

Slim Potatohead comments/reviews theses in his video:

They arrived today via Amazon and I'm very impressed.  As Slim does I'll place the motion sensor light near the door, today's testing at home shows it works as advertised.  While inflatable 'lamp' does indeed produce good light. Expect it will be great for wondering around a camp site after dark dark O'Clock.

Motion Sensor Door Light  { timestamp ~= 5:02 on video )
Portable LED Lamp  ( timestamp ~= 9:28 on video }

'18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+

Comments

• DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    We're subscribed as well, and are waiting to see if he replaces Abner with a T@B.  It would be interesting to see if one can factory order a T@B without the Alde, but with a Grizzly Cubic mini wood stove, 500W solar on top and 500Ah of Lithium (guessing what Slim's perfect T@B would be). 
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    I really enjoy slim.   His low budget, make it work attitude makes me smile.    Sure his trailer is old, and less than ideal,  but it works for him and what doesn't he modifies till he finds  something that does.

He boondocks and occasionally uses a campground,  pretty close to the way we travel.   

I appreciate that he rarely hocks things on his channel  either through amazon affilitate links or directly from the manufacture.  And when he does it is rarely a $1000 solar generator,  although he was given one of those jackery power stations and did what appeared to be a reasonable review.   

Traveling Robert and Slim are my two favorites.   

2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,580

Two Solar Powered Lights (Lamps):
    Have used both lamps real-world dry camping.  Both work Great!
    Thanks - - Slim Potatohead
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @MuttonChops, I have 4 of the motion sensor lights and they are marvelous. I use a carabiner to hot one to one of the rear handles, two to the front handles and the last to the handle next to the door. 

While in AZ for the winter, those inflatable a Luci lights are what I use inside for night time lighting.  (I have a lighted Kindle so I don’t require much lighting for reading.) I think I have 7 of them right now, but the original 3 are lighting less during the evening. I think the lifespan was about 4 years on them. When they quit lighting I’ll dispose of them at the local ToxDrop. 

And, yes, both of the lights are marvelous for boondocking. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • TabberJohnTabberJohn Member Posts: 588
    edited March 2020
    He has migrated to a Trillium OutBack to fix up the way he wants. Looks like it will keep him busy for awhile. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S2JlfhEZQ8
    2015 T@B Max S (White/Silver) -> 2014 Ford Escape 2.0L (turbo, AWD, factory tow)
  • CbusguyCbusguy Member Posts: 771
    He has definitely tore the insides out of that thing.    Hopefully he can make it suit his needs.
    2009 GMC Canyon,   3.7 liter 
    2020 320s Boondock lite, With Lots of mods
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    Verna said:

While in AZ for the winter, those inflatable a Luci lights are what I use inside for night time lighting.  (I have a lighted Kindle so I don’t require much lighting for reading.) I think I have 7 of them right now, but the original 3 are lighting less during the evening. I think the lifespan was about 4 years on them. When they quit lighting I’ll dispose of them at the local ToxDrop. 

And, yes, both of the lights are marvelous for boondocking. 
    I know this is an old post, but I'd like to note that the Luci lights make a great landing strip if you have to park at night. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab