Options

Sink/faucet use in 2006 T@B

T@BuhuraT@Buhura Member Posts: 97
edited May 2015 in Tips & Tricks
Still have lots of newbie questions :blush:

Is there a suggested way to make sure the water lines are clean before first use of the water lines, pump and faucet? Would you use it to dispense fresh water for drinking or is it only to be used for washing dishes, hands, etc?

More importantly in our 2006 there is no gray water/waste water tank. Looking under the front of the tab I see a small cap that seems to be covering what looks like a garden faucet type of threaded fixture. Is that where the sink water would drain to the outside? What's the SOP for draining the sink? Should I get another tank to capture the drain water, let it flow into a bucket, or just drain out?
2006 Dutchman T@B T16, 2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design

Comments

• Options
    TABakerTABaker Member Posts: 432
    In Dutchmen T@Bs you have to use an external tank.  I use an old laundry detergent container.  The cap you describe is where the sink drains.  Most of us use an inch of garden hose to attach, and then the hose goes into our external tank.  I would run a water and bleach mixture, or vinegar, through your lines to sanitize.  I drink from my tank, but many do not.  I also only tow with half a water tank or less, and refill at the campground.   You should join the T@B Facebook page for answers to many Dutchmen T@Bs, as well as helpful photos.  
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/24931511064/
    Crystal & Daisy, a yellow 2007 T@B Q previously towed by a 2008 Jeep Liberty, and currently towed by a 2016 RAM 1500.

• Options
    meklofmeklof Member Posts: 14
    We have the same set up in our 06 T@B, and use a small hose extension with 3 gal. plastic oil recycle container with a screw-on lid. Large enough hold a good quantity of gray water but small/light enough to carry to the dump stationary other dump facility without having to bring the T@B or car to do it unless we are leaving anyway.
    We seldom travel with water in the freshwater tank in T@B as it is not secured and instead fill up at the camp ground  The water is fine to drink, but we usually bring a container with  gallon or so with fresh water from home for coffee.and other drinks.  
    Michael & Claudia T@B -Q 2006 
    San Rafael, CA
  • Options
    mash2mash2 Member Posts: 581
    I have an '06.  I use a five gallon tote and use a water tank filler with shutoff value that fits in the tote.  The tank filler is sized so the clear plastic tube slides directly into the tote, automatically adjusting the length of the hose to varying ground conditions (by pushing it further into the tote depending on the terrain below the T@B).  Five gallons works well for me, since I have a 5 gallon fresh water container for the t@b, I know I need to empty the tote when I run out of fresh water.  The tank filler is attached to the garden hose connection on the T@B and the clear plastic filler fits into the tote perfectly.  Here's pictures of both pieces.  The clear tube slides into the tote at the red top location.

imageimage
  • Options
    SanFranMomSanFranMom Member Posts: 1
    Where did you find the 5 gallon jug and water filler with a valve? 

• Options
    T@BuhuraT@Buhura Member Posts: 97
    You can find the valve on Amazon:
    Camco Water Tank Filler with Shutoff Valve- Quickly and Efficiently Helps Fill Your Water Tank and Eliminates Line Backflow - Lead Free (5/8" Tube)  (40003) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006IX850/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_VULhDb1N0NCHF

As for the tank I used a laundry detergent container but if you’d like a 5gal one, I’ve seen at REI - they seem like they’d be better suited for gray water waste than the intended fresh water purpose. 

2006 Dutchman T@B T16, 2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Where did you find the 5 gallon jug and water filler with a valve? 

That exact tote is also available on Amazon.

https://smile.amazon.com/Barker-Manufacturing-Company-10887-Tote-Along/dp/B000B61TP8/
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW