One Person 10 x 10 Awning

Chris had this at T@Bazona:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-NS-100-10-ft-x-10-ft-Grey-Instant-Canopy-Pop-Up-Tent-NS-CLIA-100-G/302374623

Weighs 35 lbs. and seems easy for one person to put up and take down.  A 70 year old woman posted a positive review stating she is able to do it alone.  I'll definitely be getting one.

2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,491
    @Tabaz that’s a nice price. Mine is from WM, a 13x13 with 10x10 leg span, so lots of shade. You will be able to “walk” this awning over your Tab if no shade is available, too! I bought a 10x10 screen room that attaches to the awning frame, too. Enjoy! 
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Can that be set up by one person?????  If so, that's the one to get.
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    We purchased this 10x10 canopy through Amazon.  It is currently $160, but I don't believe I paid that much for it, about a year ago.  It comes in several different colors.  For another $14, you can get a side wall for shade/wind deflection.

It is really well made and easy to put up.  Although it would be faster  for two people to set up, it can be put up by a single person.  Comes with a nice storage bag (with wheels), tie down rope if needed, plus four weight bags to keep the legs in place during heavy wind (I use the bags and have four small-sized rocks in each bag.....worked well recently in fairly heavy wind.)  I will say that an advantage of one similar to that owned by @Homebodyatheart is the extra overhang.  Coleman makes one like theirs.  [I also have a similar one, which I only take along when I am going to be in one place for a couple weeks........but it includes two side panels that extend upward and really provide a lot of shade........too heavy, and harder to put up, to take along for shorter trips.]

https://www.amazon.com/ABCCANOPY-Commercial-Instant-Shelter-Wheeled/dp/B07M5TVGNL/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2ANF0Y74C3T0B&keywords=abccanopy%2B10x10&qid=1580011609&sprefix=abc%2Caps%2C214&sr=8-1-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExWTNWMkpWSlY3SzZTJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTc2MzExMUdQWTBJS0owN0NCQiZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNzA5ODIzMUhMOUlZNkpYTVNJSyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• jfiniganjfinigan Member Posts: 7
    I really like the one person set up. We are looking for one but we would like to have one with screens for the sides to keep most of the bugs out. Since we live in Florida, we have a ton of bugs here.
  • rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 178
    edited September 2022
    Here's what we use - an E-Z UP 10x10 Dome pop up with a separate Cube Screen Room and a Hopetree 9 ft half patio umbrella. I put up the pop up by myself all the time. It's big enough for 6 chairs even though it's normally just the 2 of us. Also have a sidewall that can be attached quickly to any side to help block low sun from the sides in the morning and evening.  We only put up the screen room if we're worried about bugs or rain, otherwise it's just the pop up. Having both gives us a lot of flexibility. The screen room attaches to awning frame on inside. Like it because it has a waterproof ceiling and floor (which extends up about 6 inches all the way around), has huge zippered door as well as a small velcro opening for an extension cord. When installing the pop up in dirt, gravel or grass, we use four 10 in lag screws with a cordless drill. Easier to use and remove than tent stakes. When installing on pavement, use bags you can fill up with water that go around each leg. They also make a Camping Cube Camping Tent that has walls with zippered windows that attaches the same way as the screen room. 

If just stopping for one day, usually just put up a 9 foot half umbrella by the door and secure each side with cord to the side rings with quick connects on each end of camper. It has solar LED lights with an on/off switch. Plus, with the umbrella option is real quick and easy to take down quickly if a storm or high winds pop up.  A lot of flexibility depending on the situation and weather with all 3. Got everything off of Amazon. 
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • mert1984mert1984 Member Posts: 3
    Is the picture of the screen room or the pop up?