Options

HDMI TV in 2014 CSS

Anyone else notice that the TV's are hooked up with the component versus HDMI? Also is there a way to change this to HDMI? I would assume the receiver has HDMI out.

Comments

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    Well, the DVD player isn't playing HD video and you can't HD cable in a campground (at least I don't think you can -you would need a converter) so, it seems to make sense to leave the HDMI port open for peripherals.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    mawebbmawebb Member Posts: 257
    If you have the Jensen AWM968, as I do in my 2015, it does not have HDMI as an output, only composite video (yellow RCA connection). Jensen does make a unit with HDMI. It is the AWM975. It's still DVD, not blu-ray. Even if the Jensen units in our T@B's did have HDMI out, the challenge would be running a cable between the TV and stereo system as it is placed during the assembly of the T@B. The TV does have HDMI inputs, so it might be better to use a standalone DVD or blu-ray player, although that means you would only get audio through the TV speakers and they are about as good as watching  videos on your iPhone.
    Martin - Trailer name: James T@Berius Kirk