Options

Awnings from PaHaQue

I just got off the phone with Jason of PaHaQue.I was told that an awning didn't come with our used Tab. But when we got home we discovered that one was included. We had ordered one from PaHaQue and now we had one included. I called them to see if it had been shipped yet,which it had. So I had to say I had one already. He graciously told me to reject the package when it was delivered and they would credit it back to the credit card. They are a great company to do business with! I have their Tab cover already. What a quality product. Don't hesitate to do business with these guys.
Ron and Joan, 2007 T@B Fireball, 2010 Forester The Pull T@B

Comments

• Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    That's gpod to hear. I am waiti g for the next cash reload after my recent I itial expenditures to grab one of their covers. Yeah, "pricey". But really? From what I can see, it appears to fit the T@b like a glove, and when you consider that only a fraction of the 1200 to 1500 T@bs made each year will have owners who buy such a cover... well, the limited volume makes it darn near custom.

I'm always impressed when anyone bothers to support a niche market. It's a labor of love.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    I am also waiting on my cover to arrive. Poor To@d has been getting wet as of late.
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Always great to hear a good customer service review.  We like our awning, great for rain, but it can be a challenge to put up and take down, and gets no airflow.  Thus, I recently ordered a Visor XL.  I have a feeling it may get more use.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    joansiejoansie Member Posts: 19
    This is our cover on the Pull T@B. It takes a while to figure out the best way to put the cover on however.
    Ron and Joan, 2007 T@B Fireball, 2010 Forester The Pull T@B
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    I'm trying to decide between the T@B awning and the PahaQue 10 x 10 Cottonwood Shelter.  I'm leaning towards the Cottonwood because of its versatility for moving it to different locations within a camp site.  However, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with putting it up solo?  How easy/difficult is it?  :-?
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options

Okay, now I'm really in a quandary.  I just looked at the 10 x 10 Cottonwood XLT with the built-in awnings.  I did not know that one side of the awning can be attached to the T@B's keder rail.  It is slick.  There is a You Tube video showing the set up of the XLT shelter and another showing the attachment to the keder rail.  I just wonder how hard it is for one person?  I guess if I have plenty of time, it can be done.  Looks as though some people on the LG Forum have this set up.  Any insight from T@BBERS who have this vs. the Visor XL or the T@B awning?

:( :-S
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    A reviewer on Amazon said, "Love this shelter. Easy to put up by myself. Sorry I waited so long to buy one."

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    I own the 10 x 10 Paha Que screen room, the 5x7 PH screen room and the XLT 10 x 10 canopy......  All three products are superior in quality and you can get a couple of extra wind walls for the Cottonwood XLT if you so desire.  

The 10x10 screen room is best constructed with two people, I will be frank with you.   Yes, it CAN be set up by one person, but unless you are a bit muscular or have a larger build and use caution you could easily bend the poles and damage this unit.  I've owned the 10x10 for over three years and have set it up alone but you have to know the key points of assembling this unit.  There are mesh cross member pockets that hold the ceiling support poles (the longest tent pole sections) and it's easiest to install the bottom or lowest pole in the pocket, then insert and push the other pole through the top mesh pocket (over the first pole) to for an X if you will.  The corner poles are then inserted into the roof support poles and then into the grommet eye keepers on the feet of the screen room.  Once three corner supports are installed it is the fourth pole that basically causes the screen room to take shape and become erect.  That is difficult as it requires strength and the ability to pull the corner material down and insert the last corner pole into the grommet holder on the foot of the screen room.  

The plus about the 10x10 Cottonwood canopy is that although it is of similar dimensions as the 10x10 screen room, it is not as heavy and it does not have the material on the sides.  It does have a rope on one side (one wind wall) that could be inserted into a Keder rail.  I love the canopy because it is a great source of shade and I have extended the opposite side wind wall out and used it to cover a picnic table and provide additional shade.  

I use the larger screen room in Northern Michigan to keep the mosquitoes at bay and it does afford extra room, privacy and I have even heated it during chilly weather with my electric heater.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    Mike -- Do you think one person can handle the PahaQue 10 x 10 XLT?  I think that's what I want.  Thanks for your input.  #:-S
  • Options
    NnbriccoNnbricco Member Posts: 16
    I am searching for the best option for E@rle St. She is a CS. We want an awning or shelter that will cover and protect the galley when we have it open for meal prep. Any deals on which canopies work best? Searching both PahaQue and REI for options.
    Eric & Nichola Greenville, SC Jeep Compass, expecting T@b.
  • Options
    Not an awning, but we just got our Visor XL a week ago and I really like it.  It provides shade, and I expect some cover in the rain, while being less cumbersome and having better air flow then the awning.  I changed out the cords for some glow in the dark string I found at Harbor Freight, and carabiners at each end of the rope for easy set up.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Wanderoo said:

Mike -- Do you think one person can handle the PahaQue 10 x 10 XLT?  I think that's what I want.  Thanks for your input.  #:-S

Yes, Beth, I put the 12x12 Cottonwood up by myself, as does Indycamper (Sharon). If you put the fabric over your T@B first, then assemble the long poles, insert the lower long pole, then the upper (you 'll understand when you see it up close), then put the legs on....go to the LG forum and of a search on. "One person can put up...." It can be put up in 15 minutes.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    You must be younger than I. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    edited May 2014

You must be younger than I. 

Belva, I think we discussed this and you were younger than me !!! And Indycamper (Sharon) has almost a decade on me ! (Don't tell her I said that...)
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Nnbricco, the 12x12 Cottonwoods seem to be very popular for protecting the Gally area.

Sterling, VA
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    V, I do not remember that age conversation. I think you are the younger. 
    I think the physical age is the problem. I have 2 hip replacements and 1 knee, 1 rotator cuff and 2 heart stints. 
    I'm a mess but I told my docs that the T@B is my reason to feel better and go after it while I can still move. They loved that and the spirit. They agreed that they prescribed T@Bbying for
    good health! Now all my docs want a T@B.,  I did go on a T@B diet and lost 20 lbs. just so I would feel better in the T@B and camping. It worked - lost 22 lbs. and lowered chol. 86 pts. 
    Go for the T@B diet (Weight Watchers) and get healthy and have fun in the process. 
    ps, I have a clamshell with wetbath. Very tight space. 
    I use my wet bath shower all the time when we camp. So does Richard. 
    Water is hot as you wish. 

T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options

Way to go, Belva!!!  Weight lost + healthy eating = increased longevity & more time to enjoy life in your T@B.  My mom passed at age 65, and I think that's part of the reason I bought my T@B NOW and decided to "go for it."  I think we have digressed from the topic, some.  Ah-h-h, so easy to do.

Back to the PahaQue Cottonwood.  I don't have a clamshell, so I'll have to experiment with putting up my new 10 x 10 XLT Cottonwood and somehow draping it over -- something -- maybe my car?  Hm-m-m-m.  I'll have to seek out an open field to try all this out.   

:))
  • Options
    Beth, I tried it in my back yard first. Away from the camping public, but honestly, it went up easily on the first try. The hardest part for me, without draping the fabric over an object, was getting the legs to all cooperate. Having the "hold-it-up " object makes this easy. Also, you can move it to where you need to use it, one leg or one side at a time. Try it and you can figure out for yourself what is easier for you. Experiment BEFORE you get into a campground.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options
    Belva, we're tied on stents, 3 knee surgeries here, no cartilage left in one index finger (no replacement joints available for that one), arthritis... But, although I haven't had the amazing weight loss like you (CONGRATS!), I am on a low-fat diet from the YMCA that makes me feel a lot better, and I eat healthier, even when camping. So, I just wanna have fun! I'm very physically active in warmer weather, and I have to remind myself that I'll start collecting early SS this year, and I'm no longer in my 20's. So a nap-attack is fine in the afternoon, but so is a hike in the woods, a bike ride through the campground or in the neighborhood, or a walk with my four- legged friend, Sunny Day. I plan to be a snowbird in the Southwest this winter so I can stay active and be warm.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

Verna -- You GO girl!  I am so envious of Snow Birds.  I, too, will be one some day soon!!!  I agree that being active helps keep one in good health.  I can't do what I used to do (even though my mind tells me I can), but my fitness goal for 2014 is that I won't lose any fitness ability that I have right now -- don't want to slide back. 

I got my PahaQue XLT cover today!!!  It feels great -- nice fabric.  I laid it out on my condo floor and will plan my execution of setting it up.  I'm thinking that maybe I should roll up the two attached side walls and secure them while I am getting the legs inserted, etc., and getting it erected.  Also, I'll bet the tailgate of my Forester will be great to throw it over while I'm putting the legs in!!!!  I'm going to watch the video again and re-read the posts.

Thanks!

;)
  • Options
    BryanRBryanR Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2014
    Went from high to low. We left for a weekend trip yesterday and today my cover and visor XL arrived. Convinced my daughter to meet me half way with the package since we were only 1:30 away. Got it all setup and went to secure with the guy lines and the visor attachment weren't sewn on the visor. Called paha que and they are going to ship a replacement. 
    Bryan & Vicki 2014 T@B CS-S MaXX ** 2016 Chevy Silverado Double Cab
    Transplanted Hoosier in Richmond, VA
    Go Colts!

• Options

Last weekend I put up my PahaQue Cottonwood 10 x 10 shelter BY MYSELF!  It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, and I have a tip to share with others for putting it up solo.  I attached two of the aluminum poles (crosswise) into the webbing grommets . . . onto the third one.  At this point, the shelter is still laying on the ground waiting to be raised.  I put the peg of the aluminum pole into the third grommet, put my foot onto the webbing, and dug it into the ground to get some tension.  At this point, you need to start lifting the poles.   While simultaneously lifting the poles, I positioned myself on the underside of the shelter and steadied the poles, moving my hands along the frame and lifting at the same time, and followed the poles across the top to the other side where the fourth pole needed to be inserted into the grommet.  I was able to insert the fourth pole, and then I tightened up the webbing straps as needed.  It took me longer to figure out how the sliders on the guy lines worked than it did to erect the shelter.  Voila!!!

I loved being able to drop one side down to provide shelter from the afternoon sun.  I wasn't able to insert the other side into the Keder rail due to the constraints of my campsite. 

;;)
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Hi Wanderoo,
    Does this shelter fit over the t@B? I am getting a clamshell model and want to shelter the back end when the kitchen is up and use the side panels to shelter over the door, like Mike does with his teardrop. I would be very interested in how the T@B works with this shelter.
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited July 2014
    The XLT Cottonwood 10 x 10 canopy WILL fit over the rear galley area.  If you are looking to cover the top of the trailer you might want to consider the 12 x 12 Paha Que canopy, but they do not have wind walls.  You can use the 10 x 10  XLT Cottonwood
    canopy via the Keder rail on the side of your trailer as well.  

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Mike, the 12x12 does have wind walls-- sorry to correct you. I have 4 wind walls for my 12x12 Paha Que Cottonwood. These wind walls are not sewn onto the 12x12 like the 10x10 XLT, by the way.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
  • Options

Ren -- I would think you could extend one of the side walls over the back top of the CS just like Mike does.  You could use suction cup bungees affixed to the T@B with some sort of cord/ties to hold the side wall to the bungee cord.  I do think you could make it work.  I don't know if the T@B would fit completely under the 10 x 10 -- hm-m-m.  The height of the T@B on the Little Guy website spec sheet says 89" including the fan, so maybe???  As Verna suggests, maybe you would want to go with the 12 x 12.  It is a quality product, I must say.

The instructions say the shelter will withstand up to 5 knots of wind.  I was thinking, well, how do I know what 5 knots are?  I found out the next day, as a major windstorm came through about 5 p.m.  The wind flattened four tents around me, but the PahaQue was holding its own.  Then one of the guy lines came loose, and just about that time, some other campers came over and asked if I needed help getting it down.  Camping people are such GREAT folks!!!  We got it down in a jiffy without any damage.

:D
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the information. It so helps to have hands on advice. Can't wait to be hands on myself!
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 125
    I have the 12 x 12 and use it positioned over the clam shell.  I place the edge of the gutter at the hinge of the clamshell and it works great.  It is almost too short as the side of the wall rubs a little on the hinge so my husband made some blocks to go under the four corner poles.  That also keeps us from hitting our heads as we enter the awning.
    Carolyn
    2014 T@b CS
    Tabula Rasa
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”
  • Options
    Sounds like a workable solution. If you ever have any photos, I would love to see your set up.
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    CarolynCarolyn Member Posts: 125
    From last weekend at Chain O Lakes state park
    2014 CS, tie-dyed exterior, "Tabula Rasa" and 2009 T@da also tie-dyed, “Grateful”