Options

Awnings from PaHaQue

2»

Comments

• Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    Thanks for the pics Carolyn. I just got a 10x10 for my more squat Silver Shadow. The idea of the wood blocks is universally useful, and not something I would have thought of (just in case one needs a few more inches of clearance, for, whatever reason).
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    radrenradren Member Posts: 229
    Thanks for the pics, really gives you some great ideas.
    The Mouse house and me
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Thanks Verna!  I was trying to remember the prior discussions we had regarding the 12 x 12 canopy and knew there was a difference and you noted it, that the side walls are not sewn into the 12 x 12 canopy.......  When you reach my age the brain cells evaporate and the only thing left is the cane to keep the ship righted!   smilie

:))

Good looking set-up with the 10 x 10 XLT Cottonwood!  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    SunnyTABSunnyTAB Member Posts: 65
    We ordered the cover and then remembered that we'd had the vent cover installed so hopefully it will still fit well. That's a good 10" difference I think.

Our 2008 TCS has a full keder rail that runs down the back which is not disturbed when the back kitchen is opened. That make me think that we can use any shelter that uses the rail, or is the shape of the TCS so different from the other models that it may not work? Anyway, we're saving our pennies for now and hoping we get shady spots for the rest of this season at least. (We're still debating whether our camper is 3 seasons or two since it has no AC or heat)

Looking forward to our shakedown cruise next weekend here in the PNW.

Tiff in Seattle

2012 BMW x3/2008 TCS "Sunny"

• Options
    PuggyPodPuggyPod Member Posts: 13
    Anyone use the PahaQue awning? Thoughts?
    Trying to decide on this or the XL visor but read the door rubs on the visor???
  • Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    edited March 2015
    I have the awning (as well I was lucky enough to acquire a used the Therm-a-Rest tent room.)  

The awning can readily be installed by one person.  It offers better protection from rain and sun and the sides can be rolled up for good air circulation if needed.  As well it would provide better privacy from other campsites than the visor.  I have considered purchasing the smaller visor for those times when stopped overnight in a truck stop etc. (for some rain protection), but have made do with a large umbrella for now.

Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    leenscottflleenscottfl Member Posts: 254
    We don't know what we would do without our awning. Provides privacy, a place to sit when it rains or when the sun is blistering. Well worth the price.
    Scott, Orange Park, Florida...2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara... 2015 T@B S Maxx "Buttercup".
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Carolyn - What's that black frame around your propane coverage?
  • Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    We don't know what we would do without our awning. Provides privacy, a place to sit when it rains or when the sun is blistering. Well worth the price.
    Bingo!

Like many here one of the fun problems we faced with the new T@B was deciding what awning/shelter we were going to pick.  We went around and around on that discussion and ended up with the awning.

We are sure glad we did.  We have camped in rain and we stayed completely dry as we cooked and sat outside.

We have been in crowded campgrounds and we have gained just enough privacy with the awning to feel great sitting outside.

What a well thought out and constructed critter it is.

• Options
    yourRad said:
    Bingo!

Like many here one of the fun problems we faced with the new T@B was deciding what awning/shelter we were going to pick.  We went around and around on that discussion and ended up with the awning.

We are sure glad we did.  We have camped in rain and we stayed completely dry as we cooked and sat outside.

We have been in crowded campgrounds and we have gained just enough privacy with the awning to feel great sitting outside.

What a well thought out and constructed critter it is.

Big THANKS to both of you and Mercator for your insight - the ease of set up (as a single gal - my two pugs ain't much help!) and privacy excite me deeply.

Could I trouble you further to comment on the door - I assume it will not open fully under the awning and I am a fan of an open door. Any suggestions?

Do you think it might serve to corral my escape artist puggies?

And finally do you find it makes the interior dark?

Best place to buy from? I'm in Canada :)

• Options
    MercatorMercator Member Posts: 237
    PuggyPod said:l
    Could I trouble you further to comment on the door - I assume it will not open fully under the awning and I am a fan of an open door. Any suggestions?

Do you think it might serve to corral my escape artist puggies?

And finally do you find it makes the interior dark?

Best place to buy from? I'm in Canada :)

The door opens about half way 90 deg instead of 180 deg. This is not an issue. It does provide shade which is very desirable and if it is raining you can leave the window open. 

I I bought mine directly from Little Guy and had it shipped to Buffalo where I picked it up. This saved on shipping costs. Perhaps there is a place in the US where you could ship it and pick it up on your next camping trip down there. 

As as an aside my wife and I belong to the "trusted traveller" program called NEXUS and it makes crossing the border (even with the T@B) fast and easy. 
    Ray and Vida Barrick
    (formerly a 2013 T@B Q M@X); 2015 Jeep Sahara JKU (Max Tow)
    Toronto ON Canada
  • Options
    Thanks Mercator I am happy to hear the door is not an issue! I have contacted PahaQue directly to see about shipping options but may just order from Little Guy if you found it served you well -- now just to be patient as it makes its way here :)
  • Options
    RollingLagrimaRollingLagrima Member Posts: 435
    edited July 2015
    The XLT Cottonwood 10 x 10 canopy WILL fit over the rear galley area.  If you are looking to cover the top of the trailer you might want to consider the 12 x 12 Paha Que canopy, but they do not have wind walls.  You can use the 10 x 10  XLT Cottonwood
    canopy via the Keder rail on the side of your trailer as well.  

Bump...video of PQ 10x10 XLT Cottonwood with sewn-in kedar-rope edge awning, attached to T@B over Maxx-S door.  Slick!
    Sally, "PlaT@Bus" 2016 T@B Sofitel Maxx-S (plata=silver; SP), previously Little Guy 2014 Silver Shadow LE, TV -- 2013 Chevy Avalanche + two hounds.
  • Options
    KatsKats Member Posts: 95
    edited July 2015
    Cyclonic said:
    Not an awning, but we just got our Visor XL a week ago and I really like it.  It provides shade, and I expect some cover in the rain, while being less cumbersome and having better air flow then the awning.  I changed out the cords for some glow in the dark string I found at Harbor Freight, and carabiners at each end of the rope for easy set up.

We are waiting for ours to arrive. I love the idea of the glow in the dark string and carabiners, that looks so much easier to deal with! Was it difficult to put the visor on?
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    The first few times were a challenge, last weekend it took all of five minutes to get up.  Practice makes better.

Think where most folks have trouble it getting the pole in the sleeve on that last inch or so.  I have found that I can make sure the pole is all the way to the end of the sleeve and the there the enough flex in the nylon to bunch it up at the end where the pole is still sticking out and slip it in.

It is difficult to describe, when I set up this week I will try and get a picture of what I mean.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    edited July 2015
    And you have to take out the rubber strip, I bought a used waning and the guy had put WD-40 on the part that goes in the Keeder rail and stupid me, I managed to set it up and not remove the rubber strip!  After taking out the strip I found that setting up the awning was very easy!
  • Options
    Sgtjohn said:
    And you have to take out the rubber strip, I bought a used waning and the guy had put WD-40 on the part that goes in the Keeder rail and stupid me, I managed to set it up and not remove the rubber strip!  After taking out the strip I found that setting up the awning was very easy!
    That's funny.  How did you ever get both in that rail?  I'm impressed!
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Yup, plastic strip comes out.  It is just decorative, and not needed for any kind of protection.  It is a bugger to get back in, so I think most folks just end up leaving it out.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I love my Visor XL!  It was out for a week and a half, kept me dry at the door, and kept the afternoon sun off of me.  Love it!
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:
    I love my Visor XL!  It was out for a week and a half, kept me dry at the door, and kept the afternoon sun off of me.  Love it!
    I really like my full awning but I must admit I have considered getting the visor XL for the situations where I don't have room or ability to stake out my full awning.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

Rad, it took me about 10 minutes to put it up the first time (should have read the instructions--put the Keder rail side up first, then the pole in the edge, not vise-versa).  It only took about 5 minutes to take it down last night. 

I put it up like PXLated suggested, using 6' ratchet straps going to tent pegs in the ground.  The wind and the rain with torrential downpours didn't faze it at all. EASY!

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    Verna said:

Rad, it took me about 10 minutes to put it up the first time (should have read the instructions--put the Keder rail side up first, then the pole in the edge, not vise-versa).  It only took about 5 minutes to take it down last night. 

I put it up like PXLated suggested, using 6' ratchet straps going to tent pegs in the ground.  The wind and the rain with torrential downpours didn't faze it at all. EASY!

Thanks, like I don't already have enough on my wish list! :o