Options

Antique Jensen upgrade

I have the original no-frills Jensen in my 2007 model.  Is there an easy way to add a mini headphone jack or usb input?

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited March 2020
    Adding a USB input would be a bit complicated, because USB requires power - 12v and/or 5v, I think.

If it were mine, I'd pull it out to see if the unit has any input on the back at all. There's a slim chance you have an unused RCA input pair. That's audio. 

If that's the case, you could get a Bluetooth receiver & plug it into the RCA inputs for audio. We have one on our home stereo we have to recharge every once in awhile.

If you're looking for video input, I'd look on the back of the TV. There are wireless receivers for video from i-devices and Android. I can't tell you off hand any specifics on that. Do a little search for Miracast or Chromecast. I know there are some devices that don't need Wi-Fi but some do.

Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    jritchey3jritchey3 Member Posts: 16
    I just want audio.  I did pull it but saw no RCA inputs, just the wiring.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    You might consider just buying a newer Jensen player and upgrading to the newer unit that has the additional inputs you want.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    jritchey3jritchey3 Member Posts: 16
    I took the Jensen out of it's bracket and did find RCA inputs.  I ordered a bluetooth receiver and that should do the trick.  Thanks to all for you advice.
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Cool!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya