Options

How do you access Cool Cat filter on Dutchman T@B

Comments

• Options
    Shwigg79Shwigg79 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2020
    How do you access the filter on a coolcat unit in a 2008 Dutchman model?
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Shwigg79, welcome to the forum. Can't speak to your question, but I am sure some of our resident Dutchman owners will chime in soon. Good luck with this.
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited March 2020
    Find the Cool Cat cabinet, the filter should be on the front panel where the air return to the AC is (slots in the plywood front), the filter slides in behind these slots, between the CoolCat and the plywood front panel.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    cmaccmac Member Posts: 90
    I have better results removing the screws around the front panel and then removing, washing, drying, then reinstalling the filter and panel and screws.  Much less likely tearing the thin filter this way.
    John & Cheryl
    2007 T@B ClamShell by Dutchman "Goli@th"
    2018 Chevy Colorado V-6
    Edmond, OK
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    cmac said:
    I have better results removing the screws around the front panel and then removing, washing, drying, then reinstalling the filter and panel and screws.  Much less likely tearing the thin filter this way.
    Same here. Remove the screws on the front panel and clean/replace the filter that way.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    rfuss928rfuss928 Member Posts: 922
    edited October 2020
    I was always able to slide the filter out the slot on the left side of the grill.
    For anyone interested - I have a complete front panel and filter for a CoolCat.  Free to anyone willing to pay shipping - guessing ~$15-30 depending on location.
    Have fun
    Bob

Check out the for sale ad!