Options

New 2021 TAB400 plus questions

xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
Hi folks,
We just picked up our new Tab and wanted to share it here. We just got it back from Princess Craft Sunday (1400+mile RT drive) and am so impressed with it. And...we really liked the folks at Princess Craft. They were all top notch, even in the current circumstances.
I do have one question: Is there a particular wheel lock recommended? thanks in advance. 

2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited April 2020
    Looks beautiful, @xdr.  Congratulations.  I use the Trimax wheel chock lock in conjunction with the Proven Industries coupler lock.  I have been happy with both, but you will get varying opinions on the best lock(s) to use.  I look at such locks as more of a deterrent, rather than a theft-proof device.  Enjoy your new 400.

ADD'L COMMENT IN LIGHT OF @N7SHG_Ham's input below:  I would have gone with the Brahma lock, and was going to order one, but the company informed me that it will not work with the Boondock wheel and tire.  They stopped offering it for the Boondock after people began returning them.  I think I posted something about that on this forum a year or so ago.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I use one of these: https://brahmalock.com/
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    I highly recommend the Proven Industries coupler lock.  We do not use a wheel lock, so I have no recommendation there.
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Bayliss said:
    Looks beautiful, @xdr.  Congratulations.  I use the Trimax wheel chock lock in conjunction with the Proven Industries coupler lock.  I have been happy with both, but you will get varying opinions on the best lock(s) to use.  I look at such locks as more of a deterrent, rather than a theft-proof device.  Enjoy your new 400.

ADD'L COMMENT IN LIGHT OF @N7SHG_Ham's input below:  I would have gone with the Brahma lock, and was going to order one, but the company informed me that it will not work with the Boondock wheel and tire.  They stopped offering it for the Boondock after people began returning them.  I think I posted something about that on this forum a year or so ago.
    My setup is the same as Bayliss, though I use two of the Trimax. While I believe the Brahma is in fact more secure, it’s significantly heavier, and I have physical limitations due to disability that make heavy objects problematic. Additionally, a number of people have found the Brahma difficult to put on and take off (aside from the stated issue with Boondock tires, which some have encountered and some haven’t). For me, it wasn’t worth the extra cost and hassle. If I were storing offsite, I might have a different opinion, but the trailer is at home in a safe neighborhood, under the watchful eye of a camera.

I did opt for full replacement value insurance coverage, because if someone wants it badly enough, they’ll take it regardless of locks.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    xdrxdr Member Posts: 260
    Thank you all for the great feedback on the lock options. 
    I am actually using the trailer as my office right now and amazed at how well the solar will keep up with my laptop, monitor, fan etc all running. This is such a slick rig. 
    2021 T@b 400 BDL, 2020 Ram Rebel 1500  
    One man, one woman, two small dogs and a sense of humor.
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    The Brama lock is a bit of a tight fit, but I have been using it on a 2019 Tab 400 Boondock and it works. The issue is clearance between the device and the plastic fender during inlstall and removal, it can be done but it took awhile to figure out. I suspect the returns were due to folks giving up because it is a bit of a puzzle at first.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2020
    Congrats! We have a 2019 400 and couldn't be more pleased. That new red trim color is REALLY nice, too. I've heard good things about the Princess Craft crew and enjoy their RV Smalltalk podcast. Seem like nice folks. 
    Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package