Options

T@B400 seat cushion comfort & support lacking

I find the T@B400 seats to be uncomfortable because the bottom cushion overhangs the wood platform several inches and therefore does not support the upper leg. Additionally, the seat backs are 90 degrees vertical, not supporting the lower back. I stuff something behind the seat back to move it outward to support my back but I haven't figured out the bottom cushion solution. Have you any? 
2019 T@B400
TV: 2017 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
Southern California
Full-timer since 2019

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    I got some throw pillows and use them against my back, then the legs are about just right.  
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    This is my attempt at a solution.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    That's a pretty nice attempt, did you fabricate it?
    2019 T@B400
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    edited May 2020
    I find the T@B400 seats to be uncomfortable because the bottom cushion overhangs the wood platform several inches and therefore does not support the upper leg. Additionally, the seat backs are 90 degrees vertical, not supporting the lower back. I stuff something behind the seat back to move it outward to support my back but I haven't figured out the bottom cushion solution. Have you any? 

One other annoyance is that the seat is a bit high and at least for me (I'm 5'8") my feet stretch a bit to reach the floor.

I usually prefer to have my legs up, even in dinette mode (we have a Lagun table in our 400) so I often use cedar slats on which I place cushions so my legs can rest. I don't have a photo of this in dinette mode but I can take one if your interested. 

My wife and I also both use one of these bed reading cushions (I actually prefer to remove the dinette rear cushions so I have more room). These things are super comfy, give support and are really nice to use in the bed too.

Also when I sit in the larger driver's side of the dinette I often use one of these cushions pushed up near the front window (again without the dinette cushions) and I have enough room to put my legs up on the rest of the dinette.

Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    jimcennamejimcenname Member Posts: 271
    That seat-back cushion is a great idea. That would solve some of my problem. I'm 5' 10" and the cushion floor height is too high for me too.
    2019 T@B400
    Southern California
    Full-timer since 2019
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    JIMCENNAME, Yes, I made it out of light weight plywood and it is not permanently mounted.  With a little work it can be removed. The section drops in with no screws attaching it.  Our little dog has his place in the center between us now also.  It does help with the support of our old tired backs and it spaces out from the front by about 8 inches.  We were continually bumping our heads into the window screen before and this now helps prevent that.  I also added a plug in power box so we can charge phones, etc.  Not NU Camp quality but it gets it done. 
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab