Options

400 rear panel removal

The outside rear panel on our 400 (which I think is mainly decorative) is pulling away some at the edges and I can see that debris is getting trapped down there.

Would love to remove this to clean that out, but has anyone ever done this? I can see that there are some screws underneath holding it but I wasn't sure if there was anything else holding it place (adhesive, etc).

Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.

Comments

• Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    If it is like my 2019 400 the gaps do seems rather large and "stuff" appears to fall down inside the decorative rear cap.  However, there are several very large openings on the bottom of that cap.  I have used an air hose and/or a water hose to wash stuff out from behind the cap.  I never could determine how much gunk there was in there.  I didn't want to remove the cap because, in my experience, the adhesive which holds it on on some places never does adhere as well afterwards.
    Frankly, I don't think there is as much debris down there as you might think.  If, however, you do remove the cap please post lots of pictures for those of us not quite so brave.
  • Options
    Michael49Michael49 Member Posts: 140
    If it is like my 2019 400 the gaps do seems rather large and "stuff" appears to fall down inside the decorative rear cap.  However, there are several very large openings on the bottom of that cap.  I have used an air hose and/or a water hose to wash stuff out from behind the cap.  I never could determine how much gunk there was in there.  I didn't want to remove the cap because, in my experience, the adhesive which holds it on on some places never does adhere as well afterwards.
    Frankly, I don't think there is as much debris down there as you might think.  If, however, you do remove the cap please post lots of pictures for those of us not quite so brave.
    Sounds like sound advice - thanks - I will try a garden hose. I was worried about the issue of adhesive as well.
    Former T@B 400 owner, now thinking about a 320. 2019 Honda Ridgeline.
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    You also use an air compressor to blow out the “stuff”.
    cheers

2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I believe it is just double sided VHB tape and the screws on the bottom. If you want to remove, it is probably good to find out what adhesive is used and have that on hand before removing, as it will surely need replaced.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    simonseyzsimonseyz Member Posts: 44
    You need to first unbolt the grab handles from inside to remove the rear panel, then the lower screws.
    2018 T@B 400+++2016 Chevy Colorado, 3.6 V6
    Hamburg, NY
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    On my 2019 400 there are actually three rear decorative panels.  The center panel is the one the OP is concerned about.  The grab handles are mounted through the outer panels.