Options

Does NuCamp use "Balance Beads" ?

B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
Hey all, 
Just finished doing a boondock axle swap over on our 2019 320s this weekend . 
When rolling the loose tire/wheels around the shop , I heard some distinct noise coming from inside the tires/wheels . 
If I am not mistaken , they appeared to sound like "balancing Beads" used to balance tires . I did not notice any wheel weights on the wheels themselves, so I am assuming NuCamp must a type of "Balance Beads" .

Can anyone confirm they do and/or know what brand of "Balance Beads" they use ? 

Inquiring minds want to know ! 

Thanks !!! 
2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

Comments

• Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    How did the axle swap go?  Not much of a job is it.  Don't know for sure but don't think NU Camp builds the wheel/ tire up.  Think they get them that way.  our 400 came with a tire warranty from a vendor so, they probably build the assembly.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I run Dyna Beads from http://www.innovativebalancing.com/mobile/

I have them in my cargo trailer and my pickup, probably close to 200k on the pickup with zero lead weights.

I was going to put them in the 400 tires, just haven't got around to it. I would be surprised if factory tires had beads, but they might. Typically trailers come without any sort of tire balancing.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    My 2019 TAB had about one-third cup of glass beads (looked like fine sand) inside the tire.  I assumed they were for balancing the tire but I'm not sure how much effect that small amount of small glass beads could have.
  • Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    edited May 2020
    Thats a good call . Likely NuCamp is not building wheel / tire combos in house. Likely they are a premade set-up ordered in bulk . 

Axle swap went well, with no hick-ups . Hardest part was getting the old axle to "remove itself" from the conical locators ! 

Yea, rolling my wheels/tires around , I distinctly noticed a sound inside that resembled beads rolling around ! Thats why I though the tires must have had balance beads in them . 

Most Boat trailer tire set-ups have no kind of balancing as well . NuCamp must want these high quality RV's to run down the road , nice and smooth !
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @B0atguy, my Boondock tires came from the factory with balance beads.  I confirmed that with a tire shop when they replaced my tire valves with high pressure valves.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Good to know, I am surprised, but glad to know beads come in the tires.

And yes it is just a few ounces like maybe five or six required in the size of a Tab tire. They actually work and work good. Tire rebalances every time you get up to speed.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite