Alde 3020 system question..

New 320-s. In the avalanche of information yesterday at the dealers where we picked up our new trailer, the service tech show the little green fuse "box" or container for the fuse. Right next to it (left) was a cable, white connector. He said to unplug that if system did not start. Sure enough, last night..I tried out the system, set heat at 75..and head nothing but waited. Went back into trailer a half our later, same temp as it was.  I took of the black cover, uncliped the white connector (spark!) then put it back in.
I then heard the system. It worked.
What did disconnecting that cable do and why did I have to do it to get the system running. Will that be necessary...every so often, more than once or almost all the time? Dazed and confused..
( was the above info clearer than mud?)
2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E

Comments

• BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,357
    @trimtab, that connection is the 12 volt wiring.  One suggestion for resetting an inoperable system/Alde display is to disconnect the 12 volt DC wire and control panel wires, and then plug them back in.  I suspect that is what the dealer was discussing.  However, the need to do that should be a rare occurrence.  There are discussions about resetting your Alde control panel on this forum.

BUT, an important thing to know (and remember) is that you should ALWAYS turn off your Alde system at the control panel before you either connect to, or disconnect from, shore power (i.e., 120 V AC at your house or a campground.)  Same thing goes for disconnecting or plugging in any electrical wiring or a fuse.  If you don't do that, you are likely going to blow the Alde fuse.

You probably received some spare fuses for your Alde (on mine, they are in the zip-loc bag in the photo below.)  You should always carry some spare fuses for the Alde and other electrical equipment in your trailer.

Here are the electrical connections at the top of the Alde.  I have also included a diagram from the Alde manual:

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• trimtabtrimtab Member Posts: 237
    Yes Bayliss! Thank you for the clear explanation. 
    I did read about turning off the system before unplugging...on this forum..love it.
    If we ever make it to Tucson ( it's been years ) beer, Mexican for or whatever..I'am buying. 
    2020 320-S boondock, solar, 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E