Options

Dealer "Value Added Protection"

So sorry if this is a duplicate of any thread on the forum--I did a fairly thorough search, and couldn't turn up answers. Do you all purchase these protection plans from the dealer? I'm signing contract forms today (remotely) and have been given several quite expensive options for additional insurance plans.  I will have insurance through State Farm and I have a premium account with RV coverage through AAA. Is that enough? I know this is personal choice, but would love to hear any insight. My 2021 320-S is being delivered next week! So excited!
2021 320S BD
TV: 2021 BMW X5 Drive 40i

Comments

• Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    @SubieDoo In my opinion and from what I have read in Consumer Reports nearly all "protection plans" are primarily additional profit for the dealer. I typically would avoid unless it had backing from NuCamp. Most RV warranties are pretty thin which is why folks learn to fix and maintain things themselves (one reason this forum is so excellent, BTW).

Bottom line it is what makes you feel most comfortable.

Congrats on the the new trailer!

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    treefrogtreefrog Member Posts: 95
    Yep, big money maker for the dealer.
    Also 3rd party warranty companies have a tendency to disappear.
    Your buying a trailer from a company that is truly concerned about you being happy which I think is better than any extended warranty.

Unless as @qhumberd said the extended warranty is from nuCamp.
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    https://tab-rv.vanillacommunity.com/discussion/comment/133255#Comment_133255

It seems like we just had a discussion surrounding this issue.  Although some do purchase extended warranties, the general consensus is to save your money - especially given the nuCamp quality and service extended by the factory.  
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    SubieDooSubieDoo Member Posts: 18
    Thank you all for weighing in. Your collective insight is so valuable to new owners. I sent back the contract without the inclusion of an added protection package.

And, I apologize again for a repetitive post. I seriously searched through many pages of posts, but I suppose I didn’t use the correct phrasing. 
    2021 320S BD
    TV: 2021 BMW X5 Drive 40i
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    Thanks for searching @SubieDoo.  Another way to search via a browser:

Type the following into your address bar:  site:tab-rv@vanillacommunity.com followed by your search terms. 

Example:  site:tab-rv@vanillacommunity.com Alde

It works very well!  Try it!
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio