Options

Jack Pads - Which are the crowd pleasers?

After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller

Comments

• Options
    pakpak Member Posts: 114
    I carry plenty of 16" 2x6s. They are not slippery, cheap, no big loss if I leave them and very easy to replace. There are times when several are needed under each stabilizer. Granted they don't look like much but they are functional.
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    @pak
    Thanks. And given you're using them, I take it 2x6 is big enough? I had been thinking of boards, and thought maybe 2x8 or 2x10, but smaller would be better of course for packing.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
  • Options
    AirBossAirBoss Member Posts: 740
    I'm using 2x8's cut into 12" squares. Screwed one on top of the other so have a couple 4x8, others just single. Stained to match color of rig ( left over stain from house...might as well).

Been lucky so far...haven't need one under stabilizers but will have to make a few more I guess. 
    2020 T@B 400 "OTTO" (build date 08/19)
    Factory Victron Solar; Norcold 3-way fridge
    '04 Chevy Tahoe Z71 DinoKiller
    San Diego, CA
    www.airbossone.com
    https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/owen-ashurst/shop

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited May 2020
    @ChrisFix, I use the stackable leveling squares for the four stabilizers, but like the Curt jack foot for the tongue jack (link is below.)  I carry a thick wood block to rest the jack foot on, but you could also use the stackable blocks as a support base.  I carry two packs of the stackable squares (approximately 18-20 total) so I always have plenty available, and often use most of them.

https://www.amazon.com/Curt-Manufacturing-28272-CURT-Jack/dp/B004QEJ6UQ
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    MASHMASH Member Posts: 3
    I have dutchman T@B so not sure if this applies.
    I added BAL pads to the stabilizer and don't need anything else.  They're permanently attached and work great.

https://www.dyersonline.com/bal-stabilizer-pads-set.html

BAL Stabilizer Pads Set
  • Options
    CrabTabCrabTab Member Posts: 457
    We cut out and attached 3pcs. of 3/4" plywood to the stabilizer pads to reach terra firma from boondock height (arrows point to mounting screws).

Plywood is through bolted to keep them together.

2019 320 Boondock Edge
     - Sold Jan 2022
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,489
    @MASH - the Pleasant Valley Tabs came with discs already mounted.  Of course, on the Boondock models, they don’t always reach the ground😁
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    We carry 2 but rarely need them. Only needed if the ground is really soft.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    Thanks everyone. 
    I will definitely get the Curt Jack Foot that @Bayliss suggested...seems like a good tool to have in the toolkit!
    And I have some pieces of 2x lumber, so I think that I'll cut that up for now and see what I need as I go.
    Looking for that balance of having what I need but not carrying my entire garage with me...which I'm sure is what you've all gone through as well!
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.

• Options
    GatorEggGatorEgg Member Posts: 452
    I have one set(4) of plastic “LEGO” pads.  But I also carry eight blocks of 2x6 cut into 6” squares.  If I need more I scrounge rocks or what not from campsite area.
    2022 TAB 400 Boondock, 2019 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4
    2018 TAB 320 Boondock (previous)
    Odessa, Fl.  

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    ChrisFix said:
    Thanks everyone. 
    I will definitely get the Curt Jack Foot that @Bayliss suggested...seems like a good tool to have in the toolkit!
    And I have some pieces of 2x lumber, so I think that I'll cut that up for now and see what I need as I go.
    Looking for that balance of having what I need but not carrying my entire garage with me...which I'm sure is what you've all gone through as well!
    Thanks for sharing your experiences.

If you don't want the jack foot, there is a dog bowl type of device that the wheel sits in.

Camco 44472 Wheel Chock With Rope.

Available on Amazon (of course)
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL