Front Window replacement - T@B 400 -2019

I have the new window, but am looking for some instructions on the replacement procedure. There is a stop on the window on the passenger side. This would suggest the window must be removed and replaced from the passenger side. I am concerned that there may not be adequate clearance over the trim at the wall and roof intersection. However as the driver side is a further distance, there may be clearance. If anyone has some experience with this, your comments would be most appreciated.
400 - 2019
St Catharines, ON

Comments

• DanManzDanManz Member Posts: 79
    @RCB- A while ago, another member posted a video on how to do this.  Unfortunately, it appears that video is now lost.  I need to do the same job.  My recall of watching the video was that the window slides off the upper hinge track towards the driver's side of the camper.  The person who posted the video indicated he had to remove the edge trim to allow the window to slide straight off the side.  I also think he suggested having two people to support the window as it comes off and goes back onto the hinge.  The whole process didn't look too complicated but some disassembly and reassembly was required.  I also recall the only tool needed was was a square head screwdriver.  Good luck and I will try to remember to let you know how my job turns out.
    Dan and Liz    2019 TAB 400 BDL    2010 Toyota Tacoma V6 4WD TRD Sport
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    A lot of times the factory has videos, or will make a video, to help with maintenance issues such as these.  At the very least, Creed is very good at communicating what needs to be done.  Please try emailing tech@nucamprv.com.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • RCBRCB Member Posts: 190
    I (we) replaced the window this morning. It took about an hour. It is easiest to remove and replace from the drivers side as the alum retainer piece has more room to slightly bend. The plastic trim is easy to remove and reinstall. I dabbed each screw with silicone. The roof area where the window slides over is best protected with tape. Easy peasy, sort of....
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • TabulatingTabulating Member Posts: 84
    We did ours today as well.  Here is what we did.

1.  Pull the plastic strip out of the driver's side Keder rail.  Start at the driver's side wheel well.  I just grabbed it with a needle nose pliers to get it started.  Remove only enough to uncover the piece of ABS trim that will be in the way when you slide the window towards the driver's side.
    2.  Remove the screws that are now exposed to release the Keder rail that is holding in the offending ABS trim. There maybe one or two screws holding on the trim as well, maybe one on top. Remove the ABS trim.
    3.  Open the window and undo the lower brackets for the window supports.
    4.  Open the window a bit higher and remove the one screw near the top right.
    5.  Tape a piece of thin cardboard to your T@b next to the top of your window, between the window and driver's side edge.
    6. Find another body to help you and slide out the window and one of the metal brackets to the driver side and off your camper.
    6.  Re-use the metal bracket on the new window.  You and your friend can now slide the new window in.
    7.  Reverse the steps above.
    8. Experience the joy of removing shipping plastic... Ahh........
    2018 T@b 400  towed by a 2012 JKU
    So I finally got around to replacing the front window on our 2019 400 today.  With the help of my son-in-law and everyone else who has done this job and posted on this forum the job itself was very straight forward.  It was kind of fun to peel back the layers and get a look at what joins the roof panel with the side panel.  Everything went smoothly until we went to close and latch the new window.  For some reason the bottom of the new window sits about 1/16" lower than the original.  The result is the latch in its open position just grazes each of the three two position catches on the botom of the window frame. Side to side fit is perfect and I can force the latches over their respective catches.  The window then can be latched closed with no problem.  I don't think there is any way to either adjust the top hinge up a smidge or lower the catches a smidge.  Perhaps this minor problem will work itself out over time as the window sits latched and perhaps flexes in the sun a bit more than the shape it had coming out of the box.  Just wondering if anyone else had this issue doing their window replacement?  Thanks to all for your clear guidance on how to do this job.

• Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,420
    Having it a bit long is good, as it will flex and shorten up in the direct sun, so it will still latch correctly.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • kemcgrawkemcgraw Member Posts: 9
    Why are all you folks replacing the window? thanks
    In my case, I developed a crack from a stone impact.  Others had a defective arc between the inner and outer layers of plastic.  They were too close together and developed scratches on the inside from wind deflection while driving.  
  • kemcgrawkemcgraw Member Posts: 9
    Oh, thanks for the info. 
    Michael McGraw 
  • johnbetsjohnbets Member Posts: 8
    I'm going to attempt replacing the right side window. I suppose it is similar to the front window. The reason for the replacement is a bear tore the window off looking for food. I'll report back. 
    John and Betsy. 2021 T@B 320 CS-S. 2018 Toyota Tacoma